Roger Curry: Hereford Mystery Man

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He used to be known as 'Vindaloo'. Was 9th man on balcony. Would have been first but it was his task to get the takeaway.

Didn't he marry Ruby Murray?

I give you Dr Roger Curry of Nabraska a thoroughly good egg.

image.jpeg

Dr. Roger Curry
Volunteer

Dr. Roger Curry is known for building relationships at Good Samaritan Society – Millard. He spends nearly every Sunday at the center providing a worship service to residents and taking the time to get to know them outside of the service.

Dr. Curry is an Omaha dentist who began volunteering at the center 39 years ago. At the time, he was working in a low-income dental clinic and met a man who needed skilled nursing care. He soon discovered a home for the man at Good Samaritan Society – Millard.

He realized the center was a special place and felt privileged to have the opportunity to be a volunteer there. Since that time, he has been a familiar face. The residents who knew Dr. Curry as their dentist prior to coming to the center are always excited to hear that he comes to minister on Sundays, and they’re eager to attend his worship services.

For his contributions, the Good Samaritan Society has named Dr. Curry as its 2013 Volunteer of the Year.

For many years, Dr. Curry’s young family accompanied him to participate in the worship service each week at the center. Now that his children are grown, Dr. Curry brings dental students from Creighton University to help instill a desire in his students to make a difference in the lives of others.

During one of his visits, Dr. Curry met a staff member who was shy and self-conscious because of her teeth. She could not afford to have the dental work done to fix them. Dr. Curry agreed to take a closer look at her teeth, and after examining X-rays of her mouth, he believed that all her teeth could be fixed with simple fillings, costing a fraction of what the other work would have.

He began the process of fixing her teeth and involved his dental students so they could see the impact their work can have on people. This staff member now has beautiful teeth and a new outlook on life.

“He is the most selfless person I have ever had the privilege of meeting,” says Chad Ketcham, administrator at the center. “If I could give as much of myself in a lifetime what this man has given in a year, I would consider myself very blessed.”

The depth of his care has earned Dr. Curry respect from staff members and residents. He has helped change the lives of many individuals.

Dr. Curry has always had a special place in his heart for those in need and has done what most can only dream of doing to help others, says Chad. He values every person and truly listens and works to improve the quality of residents’ lives.

Dr. Curry and his wife, Charlotte, have two sons, Bryce and Colin; one daughter, Karalynn; one grandchild, Corbyn; and one grandchild due in July. In addition to volunteering at the center, Dr. Curry also serves on the advisory board.

We are pleased to honor Dr. Curry as the 2013 Volunteer of the Year.

Last edited:
OH ****!

You just know there's going to be another Chuck Norris Missing in Action movie made because of this don't you.

When I was in the 'Nam..........................................................Cheltenham.....

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Didn't he marry Ruby Murray?

I give you Dr Roger Curry of Nabraska a thoroughly good egg.

View attachment 237138

Dr. Roger Curry
Volunteer

Dr. Roger Curry is known for building relationships at Good Samaritan Society – Millard. He spends nearly every Sunday at the center providing a worship service to residents and taking the time to get to know them outside of the service.

Dr. Curry is an Omaha dentist who began volunteering at the center 39 years ago. At the time, he was working in a low-income dental clinic and met a man who needed skilled nursing care. He soon discovered a home for the man at Good Samaritan Society – Millard.

He realized the center was a special place and felt privileged to have the opportunity to be a volunteer there. Since that time, he has been a familiar face. The residents who knew Dr. Curry as their dentist prior to coming to the center are always excited to hear that he comes to minister on Sundays, and they’re eager to attend his worship services.

For his contributions, the Good Samaritan Society has named Dr. Curry as its 2013 Volunteer of the Year.

For many years, Dr. Curry’s young family accompanied him to participate in the worship service each week at the center. Now that his children are grown, Dr. Curry brings dental students from Creighton University to help instill a desire in his students to make a difference in the lives of others.

During one of his visits, Dr. Curry met a staff member who was shy and self-conscious because of her teeth. She could not afford to have the dental work done to fix them. Dr. Curry agreed to take a closer look at her teeth, and after examining X-rays of her mouth, he believed that all her teeth could be fixed with simple fillings, costing a fraction of what the other work would have.

He began the process of fixing her teeth and involved his dental students so they could see the impact their work can have on people. This staff member now has beautiful teeth and a new outlook on life.

“He is the most selfless person I have ever had the privilege of meeting,” says Chad Ketcham, administrator at the center. “If I could give as much of myself in a lifetime what this man has given in a year, I would consider myself very blessed.”

The depth of his care has earned Dr. Curry respect from staff members and residents. He has helped change the lives of many individuals.

Dr. Curry has always had a special place in his heart for those in need and has done what most can only dream of doing to help others, says Chad. He values every person and truly listens and works to improve the quality of residents’ lives.

Dr. Curry and his wife, Charlotte, have two sons, Bryce and Colin; one daughter, Karalynn; one grandchild, Corbyn; and one grandchild due in July. In addition to volunteering at the center, Dr. Curry also serves on the advisory board.

We are pleased to honor Dr. Curry as the 2013 Volunteer of the Year.

I do so like an egg curry

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrMemory The Book Club 7
Stan_Da_Bout The Intelligence Cell 113
NSP Films, Music and All Things Artsy 5