RoE - An American discussion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Jan 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting blog regarding the US Army RoE. Seems they have the same problems as our guys but it looks as if they are addressing these difficulties.

2. While an interesting topic US ROE's are classified. Feel free to discuss UK ROE's - if OPSEC permits.

3. No OPSEC breach by me - see the link

4. classified worldwide on foreign/non US boards?

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Yes goddam it, do what you're told... :meditate:

6. ROE is policy not law :meditate:

7. What's abortion got to do with anything?

Roe v Wade

8. Rules of Engagement are classified secret. I dont know if that is the case in the UK. I suppose it would be an advantage to the enemy to know what your rules of engagement are. For example if the rules stated you cant fire on civilians then the enemy could hide amongst civilians and fire at you with impunity.

9. Knob. Have you septics ever heard of the Geneva Convention. Probably not.

Oh by the way the UK ROE clearly states:
    "If Cherie hears, you be fcuked" simple.

"It also states that we can not shoot Taliban fighter pilots who have bailed out"

10. :yawnstretch:

11. Quite funny.

Is the reason that HM Armed Forces do not use anti-personnel mines because of rulings set by the GC?

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I think anti-personnel mines are a horrendous idea, I've always found people from Human Resources very helpful...

13. But in a combat zone are they worthless? Although a spam setup of anti-personnel mines would end up killing civilians or several toms.

14. What? A quick Google reveals a lot of info. Freedom of speech isn't that good at hiding such info if you look in the right place!