Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I still have 2 pair of black ECW boots that will do the job.

I go as Brad The Nerd.

Means I don't have to change my clothes....

Brad is the epitome of square, with a bit of unintentional hipster thrown in. The easiest DIY if you shop at Banana Republic.

What you'll need:
  • A white or light blue button-down shirt
  • A blue cardigan
  • Grey or khaki pants
  • A khaki zip-up jacket
  • Sensible shoes
  • Large, thick-rimmed glasses (thick hipster or 50s nerd)
How to make it:
  • Put on shirt (tuck it in!), cardigan, pants, and jacket, and slip into sensible shoes.
  • Taking a wet comb, give your hair a good side part.
  • Put on glasses, assume incredulous and slightly judgmental expression.

Go nekkid. You're going to get killed and eaten anyway so just douse yourself in gravy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Riff Raff is always an option

This is my normal get up. I know the stockings are pulled too high.

I did get some funny looks outside the Sound of Music.

20190411_103104.jpg

I wore my normal Rocky horror kit and boots to the show.
In the pub prior to the show there was a little old lady having a meal. She kept on looking around and you could see in her face a look of shock as she saw someone else all dressed up. Her eyes went as wide as saucers.
In the theatre there were some oddly dressed people. They were wearing what can only be described as trousers and shirts. Weird!

Last edited:
The Narrator!
Dress shirt and bow tie, smoking jacket (cut down dressing gown), cheap folder. Trousers or stockings as you see fit AND FLAT SHOES
Yup. Just a few words of helpful advice...
  • Be wary when your mate's sister offers to "just sort out the makeup" (black eyeliner, etc, etc)
  • Be wary when you find yourself still out drinking at 2am, and you're by now the only three costumed folk in the pub.
  • Definitely don't allow your mate to glue a photo of the resulting costume into the Mess photo album* (one page after the photo of you modelling at an Ann Summers party)
On the bright side, a decade later you'll be able to suggest that the subalterns of today don't have much character, harrumph, pompous rustle of newspaper...

Yup. Just a few words of helpful advice...
  • Be wary when your mate's sister offers to "just sort out the makeup" (black eyeliner, etc, etc)
  • Be wary when you find yourself still out drinking at 2am, and you're by now the only three costumed folk in the pub.
  • Definitely don't allow your mate to glue a photo of the resulting costume into the Mess photo album* (one page after the photo of you modelling at an Ann Summers party)
On the bright side, a decade later you'll be able to suggest that the subalterns of today don't have much character, harrumph, pompous rustle of newspaper...
Someone I think it could end up like this

In the theatre there were some oddly dressed people. They were wearing what can only be described as trousers and shirts. Weird!
LOL. Seen that when MrsPcar & I were at RHPS. Two couples beside us looked decidedly uncomfortable and didn't return after interval.

Probably didn't help that seeing their discomfort we were over exuberant :p

why do I have a nagging feeling that the photos on this thread are actually representative of some Arrser's 'normal' Friday night getup:???::???:

why do I have a nagging feeling that the photos on this thread are actually representative of some Arrser's 'normal' Friday night getup:???::???:

Only Friday night?

Point of Order here!

Is it not , "the Rocky Horror Show" you are going to

I was under the impression , "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" was the 1975 movie

Picky bastard I know , but standards must be adhered Dahlings!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fat_Cav RLC 21
massivegeoff Canada 4
T OTC and ACF 3