Rocking horse sh*t

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bloodforblood, Aug 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for a pair of old style ammo boots in sixe 12L
    Preferably they would not have been burned down as i would prefer to do that myself to make these my "best boots"
    I have searched all over the internet and on ebay and am really struggling so if any one can help.........................

edited for using incorrect terminology, oops

2. Armour piercing boots? When did they get issued?

3. It's not Armour Piercing it's Arrse'ole Piercing. Surely you saw a few pairs of these special boots when getting your sorry arrse kicked at Upton Park. Though it's been a long time since. :wink:

4. What are the prospects for getting a NSN assigned for "Rocking Horse Shit"?

Description could be:

Residue, Equus Oscillatus.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Try eBay. Why do you want the old style to burn down when the new issue type are already smooth and available in a large range of sizes.

Plus burning down the old style boots is a crime nowadays as, as you say, they are rocking horse poop.

Sure you don't want 'em for re-enactment and are scared to say?

6. With size 12 feet he could probably kick a hole in a T-80.

7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

8. Do you know any Bootnecks? They are issued on day one week one to all Nods. They are heeled in around week 12 if i remember corectly. I'll have a sniff around, new pair or used? Bear in mind that only the toecaps will be bulled if at all as most are painted.

9. WHAAAATTTTT. Paint are you fcuking jesting me.

10. Yup, Jacobian Dark Oak Wood Varnish if I'm not mistaken, wet and dry the toecaps down, apply wih a spoon, a few coats later no more bulling. Alternatively bung £20.00 to the armourer and the jobs done for you. Bit dodgy on the shoes though.

The Corps is only required to bull the toecaps and the rest of the boot is hand polished. What a bummer eh!