Rockapes in the news

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Infiltrator, Oct 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently it was really dangerous at KAF before the Reg turned up and fixed things pronto.
  2. I am surprised that the lads aren't talking about being under valued. Soldiers certainly do - I would have thought Rock Apes would have similar concerns.
  3. Perhaps it is because the RAF Regt do what the Army cannot? Dicuss.
  4. And what would that be precisely, crochet?
  5. Can't speak for KAF but they do a good job protecting the EFI and Echos here at the COB going by the amount of vehicles they have parked outside it!!
  6. Whatever they feel, I don't think i'd own up to feeling undervalued to a journo tho!! The only thing i'd trust less than a journo is a politician!!!!
  7. Infiltrator,

Bit of a bone statement. Clearly most Infantry Bns could stag on the perimeter at KAF but are a bit busy doing other tasks. I am not convinced that the RAF Regt fd sqns could do what the Inf BGs have been doing on HERRICK or TELIC - happy to hear your views. Then again we all have different jobs to do, and your involves stagging on a FOB and keeping it safe. Someone needs to do the job and you guys are doing it. My view was actually linked to the Flt Lt in the article making out that this was a hugely demanding job and talking about why he chooses not to go patrolling in a tank.
  8. Can't imagine why. You'd think there was something else happening in AFG on a daily basis, or something.
  9. To be fair, I wasn't really making the comparison. I personally feel that the Regt are somewhat outdated now. To listen to II sqn, you would think that they parachute in to take airfields on a regular basis.

I think that if truth be told, the Regt could go. It could then be be replaced with regular army units....perhaps on a rolling basis. The question the army really want the job?
  10. Cracking statement that. What a novel idea - actually doing the job you are paid to do. Is this a first for the RAF?
  12. I have to disagree with you here.The RAF Regt is highly valued within certain circles for the versatility and quality of the troops they produce.Certainly if wings of Regiment were deployed in they would require the same build up training that BG's go through prior to deployment,but that goes for any unit.Also they would need the kit to do the relevant job,but thats obvious.To say they could not do the job is a nonsence,they are certainly trained at least to the same standards as their inf brethren.Likewise the inf could do the "stagging on" as you put it,there isnt much UK troops cant do when properly supported.
  13. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Biggus Dicuss?