Rochedale Council Installs Arab Squat Toilets

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ruckerwocman, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rochdale shopping centre bosses approve 'Asian squat toilets' | Mail Online

The Daily Wail reports on a decision that was apparently taken last summer to equip some lavatories in the Rochedale Mall with squat toilets... I wonder why this is getting mentioned now? :? ;-)

Shopping centre bosses approve 'Asian squat toilets' following cultural awareness course

By James Tozer
    Last updated at 10:48 AM on 15th July 2010

[​IMG]

For centuries, the great British loo has been a matter of envy to the rest of the world.
    Thanks to the efforts of pioneers like the legendary Thomas Crapper, we have long since led the world in comfort and hygiene.
    Now, however, that could be about to change.
    For most of us, the squat toilet is nothing more than a staple of horror stories about old-fashioned French service stations or the exploits of adventurous backpackers in far-flung parts of India.

But this basic form of plumbing, also known as a Turkish toilet or Nile pan, could be coming to a shopping centre near you - and all in the name of cultural sensitivity.
    From next week, shoppers in Rochdale who push open the cubicle door expecting the reassuring sight of a modern, clean lavatory could instead be faced with little more than a hole in the ground.

Read more: Rochdale shopping centre bosses approve 'Asian squat toilets' | Mail Online

2. Imagine being pished... and loosing your wallet and cell phone down there..... unless you have long arms... your f*ked... F**k Moi... I cannae even get off my knees now iffen pished.....

3. So is there a bucket of filthy water to wash your hand in after you scrapped the shite off your ring?

4. Stupid Northern CNUTS

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

My fucking hamstrings would snap if I tried to use that.

6. And meanwhile, next door in Manchester the city council is closing every public toilet except the one at the town hall......

7. Even worse, being pished, trying to piss into the thing standing up, my aim is reasonable (for a bloke), but a hole sunk in the floor is asking for trouble.

8. what if you have the shit ? it would fuckin go everywhere ? do these toilets have instuctions on the cubicle , if not cue people sitting with there arse on the pan legs straight out infront of them

9. What are you talking about your supposed to use your left hand and then not greet or wave at anyone with it your not supposed to wash it its a cultural thing.

10. One cannot help but wonder how long before a non-asian and non-PC individual deliberately sprays the cubicle with a random splattering of ill-aimed shoite. I can see the cleaners refusing to clean it and the whole thing being a huge and very smelly failure.

11. Anyone know whether the culturally-aware mall bosses checked the direction before installing them?

Must be going for carbon credits, given the presumed reduction in the use of bog paper.

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

The only person mentioning this now is you.
    Look at the date of the article.

13. Yep, I can't imagine a better way to marginalise a minority than this.

14. Yeah I caught that the first time. The point is, why is the Daily Mail mentioning it now in their February 14, 2011 newspaper if the story was written back in July 2010?