Robots on Salisbury Plain?

It's true

A number of civvy boffins of my aquaintance will be living in portakabins on SPTA for the next few weeks.

I told them they would have a great time
>
>
>
and laughed all the way back up the M1

subbsonic said:
It's true

A number of civvy boffins of my aquaintance will be living in portakabins on SPTA for the next few weeks.

I told them they would have a great time
>
>
>
and laughed all the way back up the M1
And I imagine that the Plain's mud is in good form at the moment!

Litotes

my mate is acting as Civpop (on 80 quid a day!!!!)up there for the companies demonstarting there wares...the portacabins are between Tilshead and Chitterne...and yep plenty of mud around!!!!!

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'm going along for a laugh. Gets me out of the office, might see something useful and, at worst, I see some robots crashing into things for a few hours.

www.challenge.mod.uk

arby said:
Oh the madness!! Didn't they watch iRobot last night? We're doomed! Quick everyone, hide in your microwaves!
You'll be fine as long as you wear a tinfoil hat :)

Mr_Deputy said:
smudge67 said:
arby said:
Oh the madness!! Didn't they watch iRobot last night? We're doomed! Quick everyone, hide in your microwaves!
Not in the microwave though. Recommend : a chef's hat - a little tall maybe but appropriate.
Good call.

Besides, everyone knows that microwaves are only supposed to be used to re-heat dead womens body parts :)

smudge67 said:
Mr_Deputy said:
smudge67 said:
arby said:
Not in the microwave though. Recommend : a chef's hat - a little tall maybe but appropriate.
Good call.

Besides, everyone knows that microwaves are only supposed to be used to re-heat dead womens body parts :)
Butters in the fridge.

Mr_Deputy said:
arby said:
smudge67 said:
Mr_Deputy said:
smudge67 said:
arby said:
Good call.

Butters in the fridge.
Unusual woman's name.
Steady on, she may be fit, but I wouldn't call her a woman. A tweenie perhaps, but woman? No...

Pick a colour :wink:

They're not robots they are the local Chavs!

Dress alike, behave alike, all you can hear are chatters and whirs from their personal stereos and the same expressions repeated over.

Attachments

REMEbrat said:
They're not robots they are the local Chavs!

Dress alike, behave alike, all you can hear are chatters and whirs from their personal stereos and the same expressions repeated over.
The Stepford Cnuts?

I at first thought this was just a load of fuss about the Guards annual FTX...

The BBC said:
"It is crucial that more effective ways of identifying dangerous urban environments are developed to aid troops."
Erm, hows about it's hot, sandy and the locals don't speak English that well.

I'd say those are three very good ways of identifying a dangerous urban environment!

On the civvy side, I guess cracked paving stone, uneven kerb and fast moving traffic fit the bill!

indigo said:
The BBC said:
"It is crucial that more effective ways of identifying dangerous urban environments are developed to aid troops."
Erm, hows about it's hot, sandy and the locals don't speak English that well.

I'd say those are three very good ways of identifying a dangerous urban environment!

On the civvy side, I guess cracked paving stone, uneven kerb and fast moving traffic fit the bill!
Careful, we could be launching a full battle-group attack on Blackpool on that basis...hmm, I say that as if it were a bad thing? Oh well press on!

Since when was Blackpool hot?

trelawney said:
my mate is acting as Civpop (on 80 quid a day!!!!)up there for the companies demonstarting there wares...the portacabins are between Tilshead and Chitterne...and yep plenty of mud around!!!!!
Portacabins have still got to be better than staying in Knook Camp :x

There was a film crew there as well, and we might see something on the box in the near future. The snippets they did broadcast looked very interesting! And it wasn't just the big companies that did well.

Litotes