Robots on Salisbury Plain?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Litotes, Aug 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC report

I thought incoming fire was a combat indicator...

2. The beeb need to get their facts right

It was Rabbits at Watership Down
  3. It's true

A number of civvy boffins of my aquaintance will be living in portakabins on SPTA for the next few weeks.

I told them they would have a great time
    and laughed all the way back up the M1
  4. And I imagine that the Plain's mud is in good form at the moment!

5. my mate is acting as Civpop (on 80 quid a day!!!!)up there for the companies demonstarting there wares...the portacabins are between Tilshead and Chitterne...and yep plenty of mud around!!!!!
  6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I'm going along for a laugh. Gets me out of the office, might see something useful and, at worst, I see some robots crashing into things for a few hours.
  7. Oh the madness!! Didn't they watch iRobot last night? We're doomed! Quick everyone, hide in your microwaves!
  8. You'll be fine as long as you wear a tinfoil hat :)
  9. Good call.

Besides, everyone knows that microwaves are only supposed to be used to re-heat dead womens body parts :)
  10. Butters in the fridge.
  11. Steady on, she may be fit, but I wouldn't call her a woman. A tweenie perhaps, but woman? No...

Pick a colour :wink:
  12. They're not robots they are the local Chavs!

Dress alike, behave alike, all you can hear are chatters and whirs from their personal stereos and the same expressions repeated over.

Attached Files:

13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

The Stepford Cnuts?
  14. I at first thought this was just a load of fuss about the Guards annual FTX...
  15. Erm, hows about it's hot, sandy and the locals don't speak English that well.

I'd say those are three very good ways of identifying a dangerous urban environment!

On the civvy side, I guess cracked paving stone, uneven kerb and fast moving traffic fit the bill!