Robot infantry

Bob Quinn (General Manager of Foster-Miller of Waltham, Massachusetts), whose armed robot, called Sword, was certified "safe for use" by the US forces in the coming months, said in the New Scientist Magazine 21 Sep 06:
"They will appear when they appear. I can't talk about when that may be..."
'kin'ell!

I have seen this weapons platform on a programme on the Discovery program, and it is very impressive. However the only downfall is the man at the end of the radio control unit. If he can't distinguish between friend or foe, then what use is it!

If it is being designed by septics no doubt it will have 'Friendly fire' programmed into its capabilities 8O

Does it have any perversions or a tendancy to not understand civvies? :twisted:

Will they be recruited regionally and given appropriate accents in Steven hawkins stylee.
Will there be various dress differences ie different coloured ron hills?
Will their wives be out on the lash as soon as they go on tour ?

The MOD have been working on such a project for several years now. They only cost £3 million each.

Knut said:
The MOD have been working on such a project for several years now. They only cost £3 million each.
You're new to the defence game aren't you?

The plug socket in the background indicates it can be BOWMANISED - roll on another 10 years of trials - a safe seat for some wnanker MP - jobs for all in said safe seat - what do we get - a kettle and a couple of broken CDs.

Cost? At least another £3 Million.
When? 10 years after we want it.

The real penalty of course is that we will have to retire our fully functioning BVs 10 years early and at least 3 years before the new kit comes into service.

Smart procurement? Don't make me laugh - I've shopped with birds who would make better choices (at least it would all be on offer - and you'd get it now).