Robin Cook -

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr Happy, Apr 1, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I can't help but feel that Robin Cook's recent resignation and past diatribes against the war tell me just one thing.

He's a screaming pacifist that didn't want us to get involved in Bosnia or Kosovo or SL (sent in those mercenaries first) or GW1 or GW2.

Presumably his branch of politics allows for 00,000's of thousands of murdered and raped people in other countries... as long as his concience is clean about his descisions..

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Blair stood by his beliefs has he not?

3. hahahahaha, oh christ i've just spilled coffee all over my desk - best laugh of the week so far eagle  ;D ;D ;D ;D

4. This is my own view- ALL politicians once they get passed the "I will help the world syndrome" look after themselves, who would want to give up a job that does not have to attend their place of work whilst it's open (parliment) and seem to work less days than FF's.
    It's like watching that old programme "You Bet" as to who they bet on, and hope they win and follow rather than beliefs

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

It's an opinion, I don't share it but I hear it.  Frankly, I'd be sad if the yanks were there on their own (theyd be lonely for a start) and Id feel like I was letting down/not supporting my mentally challenged big brother....

6. you are right, we couldn't let the spams do this one on thier own what a cluster it would be.

Now the blokes are there, and unless the media is telling us what we want to see then lets crack on and get the job done

TV just showed the lads in Berets in the outskirts of Basra handing out scoff to the locals.

Jam on Hexyblocks spring to mind ;D