Robin Cook dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Aug 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4127654.stm

Lets hope that the Ginger Goblin makes a recovery. He was an impressive thorn in Bliar's side and made an honourable stance against the Iraq War.

That will be the second case of champagne ordered by Downing Street in the last week. :evil:

2. He felt that Mo Mowlam might get all the attention.

3. It's just been announced he's died. I for one will be avoiding the inevitable choreographed grieving, faltering address by Blair. Crocodile tears are definitely not in order for this man

4. damn shame, didn't always agree with him but he was a good politician and a good man.

5. That is a shame, I may not have agreed with him or even liked him, but at least he stood by his statements , and was a thorn in Bluppets side. Sorry to see him go.

I await with mounting dread , more shatner-esque statacco delivery and "Oh so much sadness, can't you hear it in my voice" from the Celestial Navigator and his coterie of Crocodiles.

RIP Robin.

6. RIP. A heaven of 72 virgins, distilleries and racehorses awaits.

7. shame.. seems a bit sudden..

First the Arms Inspector bloke kills himself, now Mr Cook dies...

Whose that knocking at the door?

8. Shatner-esque. Robin Cook's death gives rise to a new adjective. A good one too.

Like Blindgit, an unlikely fanny magnet.

9. A very intelligent and politically astute man, he had morals in his public life at least.

R.I.P.

10. I agree totally. As for the Shatner analogy? You've hit the nail on the head. Perfect!

11. I know, just listen to him when.....he.....speaks....at.....times.....of.....great......sadness Bones :)

12. F*ck me. Talk about up-staging?

13. Did he fall?

Or was he pushed?

We need to know!!