Robert Stirling any body know him SAS vertern

'Friend boys' in the cadets, eh? Congratulations, you're in the NAAFI.

OP please change post to "book for my mate's son" or there will be bloody carniage.

PS looks like a good book (bits of it might even be true!)

Can't pass selection at 19 anyway? Probably a wah or some such but don't you have to be in 5 years, making 21 the youngest.

T

Tinman74

He could have been a boys soldier like those ones off Blood diamonds although he is the wrong colour.

So your grooming a friends son with a SAS book? what's wrong with werthers and a few quid?

May I suggest that the OP get the book with wipe-clean pages. Both he and the boy may find that handy.

Rob Stirling? Hmmmnnnn. He's changed his name a few times. He's certainly been out in Africa. Not seen his book but am told it's not a bad read, considering that he's never been involved in many of the activities he describes.

Rob Stirling? Hmmmnnnn. He's changed his name a few times. He's certainly been out in Africa. Not seen his book but am told it's not a bad read, considering that he's never been involved in many of the activities he describes.
Maybe you could review it for the ARRSE Book Club, Alec.

Depends, the old days of 'R Sqn' from reservists many moons ago could go for reg selection at a very young age.
Most of that generation of 'R' Sqn were ex-regulars of some hue. As for the 'civvy' lads who made the effort, most were mid to late 20's. I know Lofty's name arises when youth and selection appear in the same sentence. There was a gent even younger than Lofty - Keith Norry. I can use his name as Keith died in a parachuting accident in the mid sixties.

Maybe you could review it for the ARRSE Book Club, Alec.
There's three guys on this site that I can think of who have served with him. Lardbeast in SA will have worked with him as well. I'm not particularly attracted to his book. At the end of it all, he's an ex-mil guy trying to make a living. Good luck to him.