Robbed off face ache but it just don't look right

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bit of a scruffy fucker!

Jesus.

I'm not even a military person, but even I can tell he looks like a fucking mess. Since when have ribbons been worn at the same time as medals? Also, if I'm not much mistaken, isn't he wearing (among many other things) the South Atlantic medal twice and two GSMs along with the two ribbons? I see the predictable winged dagger on the beret...

I think he looks fan-dabby-dozy.

Are there anymore pics of him? Did he moonwalk past his local memorial saluting like an American submarine commander and whistling Colonel Bogey? I hope he got thick cunts to buy him pints all day.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jesus.

I'm not even a military person, but even I can tell he looks like a fucking mess. Since when have ribbons been worn at the same time as medals? Also, if I'm not much mistaken, isn't he wearing (among many other things) the South Atlantic medal twice and two GSMs along with the two ribbons? I see the predictable winged dagger on the beret...
No SA medals, 2 x GSM, 2 x NATO jobs and one Franklin Mint special (I think, the stripey jobby, bottom row, left hand side)

I'm recall reading that the metal cap badge hasn't been worn by anyone in the Regiment(s) for decades, perhaps even the 70's.

He's certainly not old enough. He needs to vet carefully what he's buying off eBay

Kuwait liberation medal kuwlib_front.jpg

wearing that piece of tat should be an offence in itself as it looks shite

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
He's decided to mount his ribbons in the order of eBay delivery date it would seem...

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
And it looks like someone's robbed the Kosovo and Former Republic of Yugoslavia clasps too - the cads.

And the patch from behind his capbadge.

And his sense of reality.

I bought him a pint. Can I claim compo?
I'd happily buy him a pint then ask him how he won his medals. I guarantee it would be worth every penny to hear how he took a Mirage out of the sky using nothing more than a stern look at San Carlos water or single handedly liberated Kuwait riding a camel armed only with dental floss and and a sharpened flip flop.

I feel sorry for him. Imagine....

He was probably touched by his dad or uncle, he then went into care where he would only want to lie about his shameful past. Then the lying becomes habit but he wants to be liked and respected so where do you turn? The Armed Forces.

But they don't take him, why? You're guess is as good as mine but I'm guessing flat feet. He then spirals into despair and is forced into a life that never truly satisfies him, certainly not like he satisfied Uncle Jimmy.

Then one day he realises that he can live vicariously through the actions of others. Bob's you're uncle he's an SAS veteran.

I don't think people should worry too much about these guys. The general public are starting to realise what a veteran looks like. All the WW2 vets I saw yesterday had all the right stuff worn in the right way so idiots like this stand out.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)