Rob, the SAS collie, exposed as walt!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hansvonhealing, Jul 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the Times.
    War heroics were a shaggy dog story
    By Jack Malvern
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2277684,00.html

Rob the SAS collie was decorated for his parachuting exploits but he never left the ground

HE IS one of the most celebrated canine heroes of war, with 20 parachute jumps to his name and a citation for gallantry behind enemy lines. But the story of Rob the SAS dog — one of the highlights of the Imperial War Museum London’s exhibition of courageous animals — has been exposed as a hoax.

2. Dog Walts now! It just get worse has ANYONE actually done any proper Soldiering or am in some sort of parallel Universe?

am I really me? are you you? is bliar actually a bad man?

is this a touch of the Sun?

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Surely not Rob's fault. The concept of a Walt is that they embelish their own history to appear more
    interesting, and therefore Rob's "handler" would be the Walt in this case.

Rob the Collie DM etc is merely a Walt-by-Proxy.

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

My handler has variously thought she is Catherine the Great, Barbarella, that bint in Conan the Barbarian with the very big sword and Cruella DeVille.

Does this make me a Walt by proxy?

5. Awww isn't that cute? Unless it's just been cleaning itself whilst on guard!

6. A Dickin Medal for Gallantry? My ex wife was a dog in the Army; she liked a few jumps but i'm not sure if she left the ground either.......

(Mag to Grid=.......)