Roast Taleban anyone?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spin_Doctor, Oct 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC Taleban report

Whatever the ethics of burning corpses might be you have to admire the message read out by the US troops...
  2. That's why they never have septic contestants on Ready Steady Cook.
  3. Admire the message? Not really.

Has nobody learned that these stunts have a habit of escalating out of control?

How are you going to feel, Spin Doctor, when the Taleban or whoever start to think "Hey, they did sh1t to us last week, lets do it to them, but much bigger".

Only it might not be the Spams on the receiving end.
  4. Although it may be the only language they understand?
  5. Possibly one of the stupidest things the yanks have done so far.
    By mocking the Islamic burial traditions these yanks will only have succeeded in feeding Taleban propaganda and will probably have helped Taleban recruitment, and I don’t just mean in Afghanistan. There are now probably hundreds of Muslims who have seen that report and are now thinking “I’m going to be the next London bomber or 9/11 highjacker and teach these infidels a lesson”

Monkeys like them shouldn’t be allowed out unsupervised.
  6. Like my initial post stated the ethics of their actions are questionable but before too much outrage settles in there is humour in the "Ladyboy" quote.
  7. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Islamic tradition states that bodies should be washed, prayed over, wrapped in white cloth and buried within 24 hours.

Ken Bingley et al?

8. This was a spectacular own goal. Given that the Jihadist movement has already decided that actions such as throat slitting on screen, culling innocent bistanders and presenting themselves as "real" terrorists is counter-productive - and have identified the way forward in their battle is to use the media to portray themselves as "holy warriors", to atract recruits and to generate support in the wider world community - then this American action has given them the moral high ground that they were seeking. It also, as a previous post implies, legitimises all future counter attacks against Coalition forces/the West. It may, although it may be a West coast and East coast US liberal/democrat thing, be the Me Lai of this war.
    If this really was a US PSYOP-generated operation I despair: maybe a rabid neo-con got through the two year selection and training process......maybe somebody just had a bad day at the office..... but this event is going to be the catalyst for lots more incoming for all of us.
  9. That would be the message of extreme arrogance, intolerance and "we say we stand for decency, but not where you lot are concerned" would it? "Admiration" doesn't quite cover it SD :evil:
  10. Taleban in Blackbean Sauce

450g/1lb Taleban, cut into 5cm/2in chunks
    1 tbsp light soy sauce
    1½tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
    ½ tsp salt
    1 tsp sugar
    1 tsp sesame oil
    2tsp cornflour
    2 tbsp groundnut oil
    1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
    1½tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
    2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
    3½tbsp finely chopped spring onions
    2½tbsp coarsely chopped salted black beans
    150ml/5fl oz classic Chinese stock or good quality bought stock

1. Put the Taleban in a bowl and mix with the soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornflour.
    2. Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the oil. When it is very hot slightly smoking, add the Taleban and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
    3. Then add the ginger, garlic, shallots, 1½tbsp of the spring onions and the black beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
    4. Finally add the stock. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until the Taleban is cooked. Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve.
  11. How much worse do you think the followers of Islam can get ? They already hack heads off live prisoners, mutilate and drag western corpses about for fun explode bombs killing women and children (by choice) these Islamic tw*ts are already back in the stone age, they can't get much lower.

Theres always someone making excuses for these followers of Islam .
  12. armr, read my post again. I'm not sure where you can get an assertion that I was 'making excuses' for anyone. To be honest, do you really think that we've seen the worst of it? Provoking them in this manner will only provide them with the excuse for greater excess.

Frankly, I think they're going to get a whole lot nastier.
  13. This is just an issue of spin and perspective. Stand by for a press release announcing that the troops were giving fellow warriors the ultimate compliment, a Viking funeral. Copies of Beau Geste to be translated immediately and air-dropped throughout Afghanistan.
  14. Armr -

No they can’t really get much lower than they are now, but what could very easily happen is a few hundred Muslim civilians who were undecided about whether to join the Jihad will probably now decide to take action.
    So now instead of the Americans weakening the Taleban by two men, the reality is they’ve probably strengthened them by two hundred+ men.
  15. I wonder if our enemy gives quite as much thought to the consequences of their actions as we are giving to this matter. Somehow I doubt it. "An eye for an eye" is a bit Old Testament but when in battle with an enemy who doesn't give a damn for the Geneva Convention and routinely tortures and murders innocents maybe it might work. At least the Yanks didn't broadcast their actions on the web.