Roadrage scrape; screaming thug, I didn't stop, advise please.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Bravo_Bravo, Dec 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents

Last night some big biffa in a people carrier realised that I was about to move into the gap in front of him, so he moved forward blocking my way, and scraping my car as he did. Judging from his gestures and the fact that he was a biggun, I declined to stop being fear of my life / being eaten.

I did not get his reg but am pretty sure he has mine.

Are the Bill likely to rock up? Should I go to the local Nick and come clean?

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So you shat yourself and let him drive off?
  3. driving away from the scene of an accident ! your going down for crimbo. fess up at the plod shop A.S.A.P.

4. **** yeah.
  5. You probably should report it - if for no other reason than your insurance company could use that you didn't report it to shaft you in the future...assuming thye find out somehow, which the oily-skinned little weasels always seem to do.

Alternatively you could take a sample of his paint to the lab, then track him down and kill him for being an uncurteous cnut!
  6. My advice is to go to the local nick and explain what happened. Take your licence, insurance mot and the car. Explain that you stopped and waited as soon as you found a safe place to stop. That you were concerned at his obvious anger and the way he tried to block you out. Be the reasonable one if you can. If he has reported this as fail to stop accident and it is in Police hands you are playing catch up. Chat to the copper who you are speaking to find some common ground (might be an ex?) remember every little helps.
  7. You can also try stuffing a crisp tenner into his top pocket, with a wink, a nod, and a discreet "Stephen Lawrence case eh? Serve's em right didn't it? You boys keep them bunnies in line, yeah"
  8. Just trying to help, its free advice no obligation to use it.

9. You could also try telling Plod that as you own a BMW, the big biffa did not realise you actually owned that section of 'the road'
    Let Plod know you are willing to forgive 'the uneducated oik' his mistakes.

I only say that because, last month as I was merrily trundling along in my HGV, some BMW driver decided to cut across me, to turn left. Oh how I laughed as I mounted the kerb to avoid a collision.
    Are you sure you are totally innocent? Or is your time much too important to be wasted queuing in traffic?
  10. This one is guaranteed to generate red mist in traffic coppers:

"Come on mate, I'm a professional driver to another, eh?" - having just overtaken said copper at 45mph in a 30 zone.
  11. The law is clear on this. If details are not exchanged then you must report the accident as soon as practicable and in any case within 24 hrs. If he has your number and reports it then you are in line for 'failing to stop after.....' which usually carries a bigger penalty than careless driving and is very unpopular with insurance companies.
  12. spot on, play the 'i was afraid he'd beat seven shades out of me line' and by reporting the accident because you didn't exchange details you have covered your arse legally
  13. But with lucrative speed trap operations and Kyle texting/facebooking his ex Kylie death threats, surely the OB are too busy to investigate a failing to stop after an accident?

Don't know if it's true or not, but the met, allegedly, are only interested if someone is killed or injured?
  14. Ah!! MPH 1977 a very good year, the year a 16 year old Bernster got off a train in Winchester, walked/marched to the Rifle depot and began an 8 year life changing experience.
  15. "I'm sorry, officer? He said what? Does he have any witnesses to this alleged incident? Did you breathalyse him or test for drugs?"