Road to named named after John Howard

Discussion in 'RLC' started by oldbaldy, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=News&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=IPED02%20Aug%202007%2020%3A40%3A52%3A373

2. Sometimes, when I feel at the end of my tether with this bloody stupid country and the self serving fools that run it, little things happen, that, just for a moment make you pause and remember that all isn't rotten in UK.

This is one of those times.

Good on Sudbury for showing that "We will remember them," are more than just words to be trotted out once a year.

3. A brave man, still remembered by many who served with 321 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Company (as it was) and across the trade.

Well done that council.

4. Although not a member of the RLC, I know the important role played by them in the Army. It warms my heart to know that there are communities out there showing their support for the fallen heroes of this country.

Well done, Sudbury, you are a role model to other communities. :D :D

5. Nice, but it would be better if they named it John Howard way, this would then provoke the question by the uninformed "Who is John Howard", which would therefore preserve the memory, or alternatively a plaque detailing who John was and the ultimate sacrifice would be a nice touch.