Road Taxing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dogmonkey, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure whether this has been published elsewhere, but read on and sign. Aparently not a wind up....make your own mind up.

If you drive a car in the UK, please read -
    Sarah Kennedy was talking about this proposed car tax scheme on Radio 2.
    Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay As You Go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it and 750,000 signatures are required for the goverment to at least take any notice.

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you are concerned about this Orwellian plan and want to stop the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible. Sign up if you value your freedom and democratic rights -

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax

2. Glad to see April Fool has come early. Just stop and think for one minute the practicalities of this, given that it is alleged that a quarter of cars on the road are illegal.
    Next they will be saying that all chavs, pondlife and scroungers have to have a white flag with a red cross, fluttering from the window or ariel.

Oh,,,, thanks,,,,, that idea has been adopted already........ bugger !

3. Sneaky B*****ds. Certainly kept that one quiet.

I couldn't find the petition to request Bliar be arrested and charged with daylight robbery.

Signed with enthusiasm

Ish.

4. Apparently it is now at 750751 signatures, so the required 750000 reached.

5. If this gets implemented in the UK, I'm leaving. I love my country, but it's being governed by a bunch of cnuts.

6. By the way, this is NOT a wind up. It is deadly serious.

7. Totally agree Milsum. I suspect that there'll be a similar backlash against them requiring people to buy their own ID cards.

I've no major issue with having an ID card issued by the Government which entitles me to certain things but they can use a tube of KY if they think I'm going to pay for the privilege.

If this goes ahead and they expect that every driver will pay to have a box fitted in their car they can "slip it into their hoop". Ahem.

8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

First threat at the start of Jan and has made a few reappearances but still worth doing.

Link

Signed already :thumright:

9. Which cnut can actually be so damn idiotic to stand there and put this crap to us and actually try to pretend it is for our benefit?

Utter, utter, UTTER cnuts.

10. 751,823 - and I'm one.

11. Well 'they' might have wanted this kept quiet, but I've had at least 3 emails about it from mates of mine, but when I posted the link on ARRSE last month, it was met wth an overwhelming avalanche of apathy.

O yes and a slagging off because 'it's been on ARRSE before".

Maybe it's BO, or something.

12. My name is now added to the roll of honour.

13. 781,231 at 1753 hrs, one of which is me.

BTW, Bliar is still a cnut! :headbang: