Road Tax Question

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Berlin_104s, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just taxed my car online. Am I allowed to drive my car before the new tax disc has arrived - 5 working days from now? As I understand it the offence I could be committing if I drove my car is 'failing to display a valid tax disc', notwithstanding that I have paid my road tax and I have the DVLA online receipt to prove it. I have searched the DVLA website but cannot find the answer. Does anyone know? Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Berlin

2. You should be okay. I had a dozy moment about 4 months ago and only remembered to pay the car tax on the day it expired. Drove around for 5 days with the online DVLA receipt in the windscreen, parked in London, had Plod driving behind me, went through the DVLA check point thingys etc and had no problems.

3. http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1994/ukpga_19940022_en_4#pt3-pb1

4. There are two offences;

Fail to have and Fail to display.

Not displaying a valid tax disc is an offence, doesn't matter if it's in the post or in your glove compartment.

5. Cow

Cow LE

This has been discused before, HERE. You can drive for a number of days before you have to display your disc (i.e. your waiting for it to be delivered)

Edit: Humm, that was you as well? Take it your not too confident with the net, don't blame you! Tried phoning DVLA?