Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonny3979, Feb 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

I am not sure if this has been posted before, however in my opinion it is worth raising again. As some will already know, the Govt plan to introduce a road pricing scheme which will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month. As military folks we tend to live some distance from our friends and family. IMHO the effect on our wallets/purses is obvious.

To this end, there is a petition on the Downing St website that needs signing by 20 Feb. I understand that 750,000 signatures is the magic number:

Please sign up and spread the word.
  2. I received that e-mail a while ago and immediatly thought it a scam without clicking the link. I got very brave after drinking vats of wine and clicked it, it is what it says it is, please click and add siggy (no e-mail addresses are shown)
  3. Apologies one and all. The link is good, but if you are still not happy, try searching for the 10 Downing Street web site and click on 'petitions'. As stated the dealine is 20 Feb!