RnR entitlement?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by jewboy999, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Could someone clarify how much RnR you are entitled to after a 6 month tour?

I have just been told it has changed to 1 week! this cant be right, surely?

Kind Regards

JB

2. Do you mean POTL?

3. Depends on what tour, 6 months Cyprus = a dry bumming.

And as Telecaster pointed out, you don't get RnR AFTER a 6 Month tour!

POTL is on average one day for every 10 on tour.

RnR for Afghan is 14 days but expect 10/12 actual days after flight delays Ect.

4. Woof bark, 1 in 9, then 10 days relocation leave depending on theatre.

Slug shimmies - I am taking all mine

Oh, and a drumstick lolly if you prove me wrong.

5. I've got one nestling between t'cheeks of me arse...wannit?

6. You have made me even happier than having the Pru off.

Welcome back babe .

I missed you. Show me yer pants. Be a mate.

7. Stop laughing.

8. If it is actually RnR and not, in fact POTL you are talking about, then you should also be aware it isn't an entitlement, which means if the situation dictates, it won't happen (which is bad, I know).

9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Any tour of 4 months (119 days) or less does not bring entitlement to R&R. There are times when people need to be on a 12 month tour (which gets you, I understand, 3 R&Rs) but many others that don't even need to be in Theatre for six months. Six months = around 185 days. I would expect, in these times of **** All Money, to see many more 119 day tours.This does of course impact on the RAF far far more than the Army, but so what? It does makes great economic sense - and that is all that matters.

10. POTL is an entitlement, and as has been said above equates to 1 day for every 9 of the tour. R&R is not an entitlement and will be granted if the situation allows, roughly on the basis of 1 period of R&R for 6 months, 2 for over 6 months and 3 if your going over 9 months. At least this is my personal experience.