RNLI - Overseas Expenditure. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

As a yachtsman and commercial fishing vessel owner I always donated to the RNLI. I thought of it as an insurance premium. And we always made a point of using RNLI Christmas cards etc.
Not any more. Not another penny. What is the matter with these people. Why do they hate this country so much?
Can you confirm the name of your boat(s), and also confirm you’ll never call mayday or request assistance, regardless of the situation?

Or are you just virtue signalling?

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Their donations have gone north as a result of this exposure.

Maybe the London snowflake bubble thinks more of people in the third world than of their fellow countrymen?.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
What muppet thought this PC crap up? This has cost the RNLI £millions in donations they will no longer get. Naming and sacking of he muppet, immediate apology from the RNLI to all donors and a immediate reversal of this policy is the only course of action open to them to at least limit the damage
Not so according to this,

Chalkythedog

Old-Salt
Can you confirm the name of your boat(s), and also confirm you’ll never call mayday or request assistance, regardless of the situation?

Or are you just virtue signalling?
Among others, True Vine, BH100, Calypso NN135, Felicity RX58, Sapphire P669, RX232. Lots. Happily, I won't be needing the services of the RNLI, because i don't own a boat anymore. However, that didn't stop me donating.
WTF is 'virtue signalling'?

Last edited:
Among others, True Vine, BH100, Calypso NN135, Felicity RX58, Sapphire P669, RX232. Lots. Happily, I won't be needing the services of the RNLI, because i don't own a boat anymore. However, that didn't stop me donating.
WTF is 'virtue signalling'?
Ah, classic virtue signalling.

So forgive me If I have miss-understood the reason the Outrage RIB is on the slipway (and fully admit to not being fcuked to read beyond the first page) but the reason people are threatening to cancel their lifelong subscriptions to the RNLI is that they're intending to stop brown kids drowning in places that are generally ten foot under water?

******* BAstards!

clanky

Old-Salt
it's quite possible that if the original report hadn't contained the b word then the outrage rib could have stayed on the Davit.

I've always donated to the RNLI, I gave a bigger one this week. I strongly suspect that many kicking off don't donate anyhoo.
If you go back in time, a couple of years, Snails younger brother (RNLI crewman with a few Shouts under his belt ) did a bit of a run for Charity.
This website supported him, in many cases in addition to existing Standing Orders to banks, change in the tin etc.

Well done you for always donating to RNLI.

As a yachtsman and commercial fishing vessel owner I always donated to the RNLI. I thought of it as an insurance premium. And we always made a point of using RNLI Christmas cards etc.
Not any more. Not another penny. What is the matter with these people. Why do they hate this country so much?
The people who actually do the work, leap into a Lifeboat at 3am,, Ambulance crews dealing with stuff that never hits the headlines because it is just too awful ,Police.,... Why the flying **** do you carry on putting yourselves at risk, when your superiors put themselves before you ?

A 2% income tax increase is 2p in the pound as well. But that's alright eh?

If you didn't read the headline, why did you quote it and comment?
Sadly, you'll remain a stranger to logic for the rest of your life. Taxes aren't decided by me.

Do you donate or are you just outraged by proxy again? do the Norgies, cloggies or wherever you're posted give you a wide berth as they spot you shouting at the clouds, putting the world to rights for stuff you don't bother about normally?

What muppet thought this PC crap up? This has cost the RNLI £millions in donations they will no longer get. Naming and sacking of he muppet, immediate apology from the RNLI to all donors and a immediate reversal of this policy is the only course of action open to them to at least limit the damage
When did you last donate?

No, he's a wind up merchant. And he's good at it.

He's also a massive bellend!
Every message board needs a stacker. Thing is, this one's swamped with the whining gits. Oi!

Chef

LE
Just for a bit of context does anybody have any idea or reference as to how much the rest of the world's life boat organisations are contributing towards eliminating world drowning? In fact who else is involved is it a UN initiative or something the RNLI is doing off its own bat?

Serious question

Gramps

Old-Salt
Kit Reviewer
The people who actually do the work, leap into a Lifeboat at 3am,, Ambulance crews dealing with stuff that never hits the headlines because it is just too awful ,Police.,... Why the flying **** do you carry on putting yourselves at risk, when your superiors put themselves before you ?
Still trying to work out if you are serious or not, in case you are:

A) wouldn't call them superior
B) someone has to

Splitz

Old-Salt
2% feels like a crazy amount to be spending, given the way the RNLI is funded, someone on their board of governors needs keel hauling.

Spent a very pleasant morning on north beach in Tenby a few weeks ago and between determined attempts to drown myself, observed the quite “forward” fundraising approach.

Interesting at no point in the patter to any of the punters did the RNLI fundraisers mention their work outside the UK !!!

I should add I think volunteers are amazing and should be funded by the government as should be mountain rescue.

YM
You mean that in the limited time they had to liaise with you they only talked about the 98% thats spent in the UK? You amaze me!

But you'll still accept a rescue should you need it? A tow in....anything. ****

Their donations have gone north as a result of this exposure.

Maybe the London snowflake bubble thinks more of people in the third world than of their fellow countrymen?.
Maybe some of us who actually donate thought we'd remind them that they do a great job.