RNLI Inshore

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by moving-target-survivor, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps and Chappettes

After long and glorious service in the Regulars and TA, I’m now looking to join the local RNLI Inshore service….

Does anybody have any experience of this?

(FYI: I won’t allow myself to fck these guys about with indecisions .....and won’t commit to them unless I’m 100% sure)

cheers

MT

2. unless you live or work within 5 mins of the station then I dout it would be possible.

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If you are talking about the London Station, then it is one of the only professionally manned boats in the country, and staffed 24/7.

4. From the RNLI web site:

5. MT, pm me the questions you have, and I will speak to Brother Slug who is a lifeboaty type blerk oop north.

Sluggy x

6. Then, Sluggy, he must be a top man. Bluddy heroes, one and all. And unpaid too.

One of the few charities I will cross the road to donate money to.

7. I tried to join the local Inshore RNLI unit where i live and was told that as i wear glasses, i wasnt eligible. It all appears very inbred with their mates getting any vacancies that appear. Dont mean to sound bitter, but i have been driving rescue craft for over 15 years and was an instructor for Schlumberger. Ok maybe a bit bitter, but good luck anyway.

some of the crew wear glasses

8. Actually this was the impression I got too.

Fair play to them though, very brave and admirable thing to do.