RNH Haslar become an Airsoft site.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RNMAMULL, Jan 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having found out that RNH Haslar is to be a bloody paintball and airsoft site i am ****ing livid.I sent the company responsible a message....................

I would like to know just HOW you managed to get permission to use RNH Haslar as a site?As an Ex RN Medical Assistant i find this not only a DISGRACE, but an INSULT to all that served and died in RNH Haslar over the years.It is deplorable that you have been allowed to "play" soldiers in such a place.i for one will be highlighting this obscenity to my MP and various other bodies including the MoD.I will look forward to your reply with interest.

Contact UCAP – Ucap Airsoft
    I urge you all to take action on this,or we will lose Haslar all together.It was supposed to be set aside for an RN version of Chelsea Hospital,obviously some palms have been greased!Where will it stop???

2. I know this is the serious bit, but, seriously, you are mental.

• Like Like x 6
  3. It won't I'm sorry to say, 12 Coy RAMC (Royal Herbert Hospital) was converted into high class flats for rich gits. 'nuff said.

4. Did you write your email in green with a lot of random capital letters?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Look,i know banter is all well and good,but how would you feel if RMC Sandhurst or CH were turned into a blood playground for airsoft throbbers?

6. They never managed to kill me at Haslar!:thumright:

7. They probably will be, once training is outsourced to G4S in five years or so.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

its a shame it was shut down just after a major upgrade which put it on a better standard than a lot of nhs ones. but thats the way our govts like to do things.

they should have kept at least one proper mil hospital so our troops get decently treated

• Like Like x 2
  9. That airsoft company must be seriously loaded if they can rent that site!

10. Was Haslar a working hospital until it was decided to turn it into a 'playground'?

11. msr

msr LE

Are you an aboriginal trying to claim 'sacred site' status?

• Like Like x 4
  12. I can't see why this is a big deal? There are sites all over the country that are re-used for new projects. Are you also going to message them because it is "inappropriate" to use a Second World War underground bunker? That would otherwise be sat derelict and un-used? When others are used for secure storage. And because it is "inapropriate" to use an ex raf building for another site? Ucap is well run, and I have never seen anybody up there being "walty" and one that was has been banned for life. Andy even has a discount scheme for members of the armed forces so I don't think he deserves you moaning at him when he is just trying to run his business?

13. Spent a month at Hasler, locked up in some unit as part of some medical experiment. 12 off us on anti nerve gas agents at tropical temperatures. Easy money, but bloody dull, bit like this OP.

Move on Jack.

14. Afaik it's not the whole site, just a small fraction of it.