RN Submariner Admits Breaching Official Secrets Act

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Nov 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Wow, DV really does work.

3. As a colleague in the Home Office's DSU remarked to me recently, 'If we denied secuirty clearances to all the Home Office staff who have affairs, we would have no one left to work for us.' If someone is going to **** up, they are going to **** up. Developed Vetting will not prevent this.

4. You're not wrong - good job that mine ran out on 08/01/12 then, isn't it? ;-)

5. Chances are you also didn't lob it into a public resource like LinkedIn? :roll:

6. Funnily enough, no I didn't. My SC covers me adequately for both the day job and TA time. if I need to be re-DV'd, I'm sure that someone will tell me...

7. Agreed. I do not think the publicly professed reasons for asking the questions involved in DV are honest reasons.

8. The vetting regime was introduced to, allegedly, weed out people like, ahem, George Blake. From I could work out, it was often used a tool to identify homosexuals... Can't remember which classic espionage novel talked about this, but it is a valid point. My DV interview was a pretty pointless affair really, the review even more so. Would I betray the UK? No.

9. It doesn't work. Will PM you.

10. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

12. Top skills.