RN & RM Tattoo Policy Change

Well I have heard questions from cadets staff asking if a tricorn one day and a peaked cap another (with a skirt) can be worn by a gender fluid person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Candidates with untreated gender dysphoria are graded P8.
as far as I can find medically one had to decide what one is, go through any required treatment and then if one wants to change again, go through the whole process again. From that side of things no last minute changes just before popping out on parade.

I can't find any mention of gender fluidity - unless it comes under mental disorders

For those interested, there are some pretty pictures illustrating yes/no tattoos under the current policy on this linky.

(The marvellous new ARRSE software won't let me upload the pdf pics)

The slave one is my fave.

For those interested, there are some pretty pictures illustrating yes/no tattoos under the current policy on this linky.

(The marvellous new ARRSE software won't let me upload the pdf pics)

The slave one is my fave.
You have to be a member and log in to view that file.

Imagine the glee of the dangers being able to get “hold” and “fast” on their knuckles again!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And there's more....
The middle one with the butterflies, they seemed to have missed the upper ear tattoo which look like it would be visible from the front

We used to have a WAFU who had his nipples peirced, way before the young thrusters of today, he was part of the flightdeck firefighting team, that would of not ended to well had he got a tad warm.
On FEARLESS on Ocean Wave 97 there was a young gobby bootneck who had a pierced nipple. When told to take it out he claimed it couldn't be removed. One Warrant Officer from Y troop and a leatherman soon proved him wrong! Ouch.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
The choice of Chinese ones puzzles me. Does the recipient know what they really mean?

The choice of Chinese ones puzzles me. Does the recipient know what they really mean?
Sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice!

The middle one with the butterflies, they seemed to have missed the upper ear tattoo which look like it would be visible from the front
Yep, I thought that also..

Many countries passport photo has the head turned slightly to the side with both eyes still in the picture, too so that the ears are more visible - ears are the easiest way to check if the person in the picture is the same as the person holding the passport. Even identical twins have different ears.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ds/attachment_data/file/626107/2017-03109.pdf

it's all terribly sexist and don't even start on what it means to the gender fluid/confused/weird.
Slight thread deviation – although it appears to have drifted already – are members of the armed services (male or female) allowed to shave their heads?

I ask only because yesterday I heard a recruiting ad on the radio which went something like this:

“No, female recruits don’t have to shave their heads, unless of course that is their thing

I have read as much of the regulations as I can find online and they contradict this statement saying no extreme haircuts allowed.

I suppose it could depend on your definition of extreme but sometime in the 1990s I witnessed 2 SNCOs being bawled out and given extras for having a number 1 haircut the day before deploying to Bosnia.

Slight thread deviation – although it appears to have drifted already – are members of the armed services (male or female) allowed to shave their heads?
Slight? We swerved from post #2 onwards.

They used to say your hair needed to be long enough for someone to grab it and pull you out of the oggin, but short of welding a handle on bald people's heads, I reckon that was a myth.

One of the Bootneck SNCOs that works with with me is a dead ringer for Dr Evil, so I reckon it's OK to shave your bonce.

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

At Raleigh we all lined up for the haircut. First one in got a No 1 all over so we assumed that was it. When the barber asked what we wanted when we sat in the chair we thought he was taking the piss so just answered "the same". Apart from Paddy the Geordie who shocked us all by asking for a bit off the back and around the ears - and got it.