RN rank slides

He's a sugeon, one apon a time all RN officers had different colours between thier stripes depending on what there branch was, Now only sugeons and dentists keep it like that.

*added*
Other colours were; (i may be wrong)

Engineers - Purple
Electrical engineer - Green
Purser (loggie) - White
Dentist - salmon or pink (?)
*more added*
Its in here

He's a sugeon, one apon a time all RN officers had different colours between thier stripes depending on what there branch was, Now only sugeons and dentists keep it like that.

*added*
Other colours were; (i may be wrong)

Engineers - Purple
Electrical engineer - Green
Purser (loggie) - White
Dentist - salmon or pink (?)
*more added*
Its in here
Saw someone with purple on their rank slides in a motorway services the other week - did have a brief moment of worry that I'd just saluted the man who counts cars on for P&O or something until I noticed his ID card holder for a large defence organisation. At least I know why he had multi-coloured rank now!

Saw someone with purple on their rank slides in a motorway services the other week - did have a brief moment of worry that I'd just saluted the man who counts cars on for P&O or something until I noticed his ID card holder for a large defence organisation. At least I know why he had multi-coloured rank now!
The RFA still use the coloured slides for all their branches save Deck officers, might have been one of those?

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I think our docs and dentists kept their Distinction Cloth as some sort of Geneva Convention thing. The others lost theirs in 1956 when they achieved the right to Command status, for instance of shore stations, and the Executive Branch was rebranded as Seaman. AFO 1/56 refers, copy in the Admiralty Library in Portsmouth.

The RFA still use the coloured slides for all their branches save Deck officers, might have been one of those?
Maybe, would they be working for DE&S? He was in a standard kind of naval uniform - black trousers, white shirt and dark blue or black jumper with rank on his shoulder. Three lines and a loop from memory.

I think our docs and dentists kept their Distinction Cloth as some sort of Geneva Convention thing....
The Geneva Convention recognises only the Red Cross, the Red Crescent, the Red Diamond, and (I think) the Red Lion.

Edited to add: Don't Naval Constructors have a grey band between their gold rings?

Edited to add: Don't Naval Constructors have a grey band between their gold rings?
Certainly did in 1988. Don't think they get issued uniform any more. Another bit of history sunk into the mediocre PC hum-drum of MoD CS.

Never seen a RN medic in the sandpit then?

Or is it just my imagination that one got a MC on H9?
Of course he hasn't, he's a cadet force officer and the sandpits he plays in are rather different from the one to which you refer. He does however have opinions on that one:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/weapons-equipment-rations/126345-knee-protection.html

You are,well....who fcuking cares....I do a bit. Try not to get yourself killed for a war thats already lost.

Victory in Afghanistan. There's a miltary fantasy for you. :roll:

whats the diamond & lion for?
Lion - Persia / Iran - and, I believe, defunct and not sure if it was ever ICRC approved.

Diamond - because the evil Jews were using the Star of David and the nice cuddly Islamist reps on the ICRC wouldn't approve it as an international emblem (because Yahweh would come down and turn them all into pig-monkeys, or something), there was a need for an a-religious one. So the RSPs are still using their red Star ...

But the RN distinction cloth was a "spot the command officer" thing, not an ICRC thing.

ah right learn something new everyday , I thought the red cresent was for all middle eastern types

the lion is something i've never seen anywhere