Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RN PCS (Gearspotter maybe you know)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Very smart. As a matter of interest, when did white caps return into service - were they dropped as a wartime exingency?

Phil Harper, former CO of Enterprise has been running a not altogether tongue in cheek campaign to have Black Caps brought back. I may have also been encouraging to add Duffel Coats to the list of issue kit.

Like the Army, Wooly Jumpers are a bit of a free for all, the classic Roll Neck jumper is still issued, great for cutting about and winding up Sundodgers, who claim it as their own, when it's origins are actually Coastal Forces.

The Officers of HMS Protector have been photographed wearing the first season issue of these jumpers from Shackleton Clothing (either donated or private purchase, not sure)

Hero-sweater-grey-flat_600x.jpg

I have yet to see any shawl necks, but there are a few nice options available from either, North Sea Clothing

SERVICE_NAVY_WEB_600x.jpg

Or Outdoor Knitwear (who used to have the Woolly Pully Contract)

BTW, Outdoor Knitwear do an excellent Roll Neck Version of the Woolly Pully, which you can get in either the classic Olive Green, of if you are a Warrant Officer and above, your Regimental Colours all made to MOD Spec (I have one, it's snug as)

woolly-pully-roll-neck-sweater.jpg

Not that I am encouraging anybody or anything :mrgreen:

It does raise the question of how do we maintain standards of those below us when those at the very top of the tree look like a bag of shite and are happy to be shown looking like a bag of shite.

It does raise the question of how do we maintain standards of those below us when those at the very top of the tree look like a bag of shite and are happy to be shown looking like a bag of shite.
quite right.

Bring back 12s, stiff collars; have the chaps scrub and polish the teak decks barefoot, before breakfast. Morning Cleaning Parties are the way to go.

@alfred_the_great
Sounds like you want to be on QE. She had full on cleaning parties, in fact at times the only work allowed was cleaning and I think the even shut down the IT systems so you couldn't work.

I did see Captain Kydd wield a mop in the half pipe so everyone down was expected to clean.

Serious question WTF is a shiny ass doing in working rig? Was like in the days of old when the skipper wore 8’s, it’s just wrong, like geriatrics trying to be hip.
New working routine from on high. Everyone wears 4s everywhere as we are sailors who are meant to be at sea dammit! Even if you are at whale island...
It's a badge indicating he's had a sea Command
I was told it was the new PWO badge.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

bob231

War Hero
New working routine from on high. Everyone wears 4s everywhere as we are sailors who are meant to be at sea dammit! Even if you are at whale island...I was told it was the new PWO badge.

And so we look gash, everywhere, all the time.

3s might be the world's cheapest, nastiest fabric but at least they had some pretence of smart...

What next, letting me cut about SULTAN in white ovies?

New working routine from on high. Everyone wears 4s everywhere as we are sailors who are meant to be at sea dammit! Even if you are at whale island...I was told it was the new PWO badge.

Silver - PWO
Gold - Sea Command

aardvark64

War Hero
Modern Russian Army working rig for ossifers:

aardvark64

War Hero
Modern Russian Army working rig for ossifers:

Is this the new look for les matelots?

Phil Harper, former CO of Enterprise has been running a not altogether tongue in cheek campaign to have Black Caps brought back. I may have also been encouraging to add Duffel Coats to the list of issue kit.

Like the Army, Wooly Jumpers are a bit of a free for all, the classic Roll Neck jumper is still issued, great for cutting about and winding up Sundodgers, who claim it as their own, when it's origins are actually Coastal Forces.

The Officers of HMS Protector have been photographed wearing the first season issue of these jumpers from Shackleton Clothing (either donated or private purchase, not sure)

View attachment 524967

I have yet to see any shawl necks, but there are a few nice options available from either, North Sea Clothing

View attachment 524968

BTW, Outdoor Knitwear do an excellent Roll Neck Version of the Woolly Pully, which you can get in either the classic Olive Green, of if you are a Warrant Officer and above, your Regimental Colours all made to MOD Spec (I have one, it's snug as)

View attachment 524969

the irony being you can't actually wear any of those jumpers with current uniform - standfast a t-shirt.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Presumably everything has to be fire retardant?

Not sure, but wool is one of the most redardent natural fibres out there

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
the irony being you can't actually wear any of those jumpers with current uniform - standfast a t-shirt.

Like anybody pays attention to that. We all know uniform is a standard to be observed in the breach.

bob231

War Hero
Presumably everything has to be fire retardant?
You may, ofc, be the first person to discover the fire.

This neglects that I may discover No 1 LPAC is on fire while wearing pyjamas or a towel, and that the Attack BA (properly dressed and on breathing apparatus) should be there in two minutes... and if it's a fire I can't tackle safely in normal civilian attire, I shouldn't be tackling it without BA regardless.

View attachment 524967

View attachment 524968

View attachment 524969

The Heir loaned me his Seagoing WoollyPully for time when I was working in quite inclement climes (for Antipodean OldF4rt) ... as a 4th layer it served admirably at the time!
D1CB2D3E-4B04-4873-B2C0-1CCBFB6A90A6.jpeg
B6238EEA-E1D1-4C54-8E8A-5B57FFF179DC.jpeg
44B74C03-63CF-405C-841F-206E03E9B4F4.jpeg

Another pic of him in the wild... erm that belt doesn’t look uniform (please say it’s not!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads