Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RN PCS (Gearspotter maybe you know)

Looks like the trials PCS I saw on Tyne circa 2010-12 when I did RNR sea time. Although that stuff was much more faded by then lmao

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

See I have a smock (and That’s faded and no longer even shower proof), but I never saw or even heard of a new foulie being trialed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lads I have the solution to all the navy's uniform problems...
fdb18819697783.56040c049b218.jpg

Battledress - hurrah!

Very smart. As a matter of interest, when did white caps return into service - were they dropped as a wartime exingency?

I don't think it was a exingency thing, I think it was just part of summer/winter uniform.

I've a photo of my grandfather getting married in a black cap in 1947 (but it was December).

Very smart. As a matter of interest, when did white caps return into service - were they dropped as a wartime exingency?

White caps were used in the summer months and black in the winter months.

It was basically Mountbatten didn't like the black caps, you had to do some stupid tarring on them, so instead of coming up with a modern version, like they did with the plastic white caps, he scrapped them.

There's two articles about Bond's naval attire from Spy Who Loved Me, seems appropriate considering what's been said about various dress.

1599616526312.png

Would happily wear a modern version of ratings battle dress all day! Looks smart as.

Latest from my sources:

Three types of material being trialed in a blind test, A, B & C (I was informed that C is the one that the current uniform is made of).
Apparently everyone doing the trails so far has picked (drum roll)..... shock horror, it’s material C!

@instinct I head the old Commodore RFA has refused to take on this new rig, be interesting to see how well that will go NCHQ if they have to try and justify keeping the old PCS for the RFA and the new one for the RN? Mind you the new commodore may have different thoughts I suppose.

Latest from my sources:

Three types of material being trialed in a blind test, A, B & C (I was informed that C is the one that the current uniform is made of).
Apparently everyone doing the trails so far has picked (drum roll)..... shock horror, it’s material C!

@instinct I head the old Commodore RFA has refused to take on this new rig, be interesting to see how well that will go NCHQ if they have to try and justify keeping the old PCS for the RFA and the new one for the RN? Mind you the new commodore may have different thoughts I suppose.

Some of our senior guys still wear AWD's so god only knows.

I was coming off Pen Y Fan recently and there were a bunch of RN (lost, I assumed...) going up to Corn Du - they were wearing MTP but the rank slides for the Officers had nice shiny blingy gold which I thought would make a lovely aiming point.

Do they have slightly less ostentatious versions for tactical purposes, if not, why bother with MTP in the first place?

QRK2

LE
I was coming off Pen Y Fan recently and there were a bunch of RN (lost, I assumed...) going up to Corn Du - they were wearing MTP but the rank slides for the Officers had nice shiny blingy gold which I thought would make a lovely aiming point.

Do they have slightly less ostentatious versions for tactical purposes, if not, why bother with MTP in the first place?

Yes

1604319136641.png

Problem is when it comes to MTP, half the time people treat it as though it’s not a proper uniform and just wear whatever. Green/ blue/tan belts. RN shoulder badges, ensigns, name badges, black and gold, green and black, mtp rank slides, brown / black boots. No two matelots in mtp rig will be dressed the same!

Latest Threads