RN gets clearance for new Frigates and Attack Subs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Yeoman_dai, Mar 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://defensenews.com/story.php?i=4554683&c=SEA&s=EUR

I think one of the most interesting points of this article is the fact that MoD is looking at collaborating with the Aussie's and Kiwi's over FSC, not Europe or the US... interesting indeed.

Otherwise, bloody good news all round! I recently took part in a chat to the Cmdr who will be taking over the Navy's procurement (he's currently a Capt), and he had some very strong (and iMHO sensible) ideas of where he wanted to go with this new design. Promising stuff

2. Well the RAN and the RNZN are still quite doctrinaly similar to the RN that we would all be looking in the same direction unlike things such as Horizon.

3. Hmmmm. History tells me that what the govt agrees to now will be cut after the election by at least 30%

4. Wow your optimistic! I expect 50 as in line with T45

5. Couldn't possibly be 'pre-election good news' could it?

'Defense' - is that a French word? If so, do not believe it!

PS: Sorry, the word is American apparently - igitur: do not not believe a word!

- avec cynique, - moi? c'est impossible

6. Come the strategic defence review, I reckon we'll lose a minimum 50% of our remaining 4 Type 22's and more than likely all 4 of them.

Dockyard rumour has it that Type 45 hulls numbers 5 & 6 will be sold to a certain country in the Middle East as well.

I don't care how advanced the replacements will be-they cannot be in more than one place at once-for the future RN to be effective, we need enough hulls to carry out our role.

7. I've said it before and I'll say it again: what the Navy really needs is an engagement that the media manage not to ignore.

8. Sadly I think the only thing that will save the entire Armed Forces is losing a war. We keep getting shat on and still managing to come through it and win, so the Government of the day can get away with continuing the shatting.

It'll take a proper embarassing to the nation bloody defeat for the majority of the nation to sit up and take any notice of what's happened to the Forces.

9. quote of the week j_b_m,

I hope it's not the forces epitaph.

10. Makes much more sense than a European venture. Apart from the French nobody else really goes to deep blue waters that much anymore.

Everywhere to the Aussies and Kiwi's is f**king miles away!!