RMT to strike during COP 26

DarkBrig

War Hero

Well I was going to let the train take the strain during COP 26, but that would appear to be out the window now. I understand this is part of a long running campaign, but If I recall they have just been turned down for a bonus to do their jobs during the above.
Why do transport workers always think they deserve more when a national event takes place, I recall similar demands during the commonwealth and Olympic games.
Yet again it's the people who have no influence being hit hardest, let's face it Greta and Biden were never going to take the night train out of Glasgow central to whatever digs they are staying in, no poor Mrs. Mop the cleaner will suffer by not getting to work or having to leave earlier because her usual train is cancelled. I'll bet the tourist board are cock a hoop with these cnuts.

Maggie the magnificent will be spinning in her grave.

Well I was going to let the train take the strain during COP 26, but that would appear to be out the window now. I understand this is part of a long running campaign, but If I recall they have just been turned down for a bonus to do their jobs during the above.
Why do transport workers always think they deserve more when a national event takes place, I recall similar demands during the commonwealth and Olympic games.
Yet again it's the people who have no influence being hit hardest, let's face it Greta and Biden were never going to take the night train out of Glasgow central to whatever digs they are staying in, no poor Mrs. Mop the cleaner will suffer by not getting to work or having to leave earlier because her usual train is cancelled. I'll bet the tourist board are cock a hoop with these cnuts.

The communist RMT union planning a strike?. I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you.

Don't want to work, boys and girls?. Fine, here's your P45s, now eff off.

Maggie the magnificent will be spinning in her grave.
Every problem is also an opportunity. Simply wrap Maggie in copper wire and surround her with a magnetic field. As she spins she’ll generate copious amounts of carbon-neutral energy that can power the whole COP 26 speech fest.

Every problem is also an opportunity. Simply wrap Maggie in copper wire and surround her with a magnetic field. As she spins she’ll generate copious amounts of carbon-neutral energy that can power the whole COP 26 speech fest.

Surely the hot air from the delegates should be enough to power Cop 26

It’s part of a long running dispute which basically means that there isn’t a Sunday service in Scotland save for that operated by English TOCs. Of course as hardly anyone was using the railway in Scotland on a Sunday so the railway was making a huge loss and now that Abellio are leaving the contract no one can really be bothered to do anything about it. The RMT get to play at being Citizen Smith, the SNP/Abellio privately don’t mind as the strikes save them money and hardly anyone is inconvenienced as they weren’t using the trains anyway. Trebles all round!

Same reason our garlic slug munching "friends" bugger up airports during UK peak holiday times.
Maximum disruption & impact.
There is a supposed severe UK wide Snowmageddon allegedly :rolleyes:on it's way this month so watch this space with ploughs etc, and possibly army "heroes" deployed to drive whatever is available to road clear...... especially in Grampian etc. As usual, depends on which redtop you take!

Selfish though it may appear of these people if you lived and worked through the late 70's Winter of Discontent, quite honestly folk of my vintage tend to shrug and think...."Ah well...see you on the other side , seen it all before"...and just carry on as best can.

My son trains cops. Just wait and see the disruption for miles around ( motorways etc) during COP26 when some as yet unknown bunch of cnuts use it to bugger everyone else's lives up. Even one call from a twisted loner about a car on a hard shoulder with bomb in it...take your pick. Hope not though.

Last edited:
Same reason our garlic slug munching "friends" bugger up airports during UK peak holiday times.
Maximum disruption & impact.
There is a supposed severe UK wide Snowmageddon allegedly :rolleyes:on it's way this month so watch this space with ploughs etc, and possibly army "heroes" deployed to drive whatever is available to road clear...... especially in Grampian etc. As usual, depends on which redtop you take!

Selfish though it may appear of these people if you lived and worked through the late 70's Winter of Discontent, quite honestly folk of my vintage tend to shrug and think...."Ah well...see you on the other side , seen it all before"...and just carry on as best can.

My son trains cops. Just wait and see the disruption for miles around ( motorways etc) during COP26 when some as yet unknown bunch of cnuts use it to bugger everyone else's lives up. Even one call from a twisted loner about a car on a hard shoulder with bomb in it...take your pick. Hope not though.

I can remember having to walk to the dairy to get milk back in the 80s as the roads were unviable due to snow, and that was Dorset not somewhere you expect Snowmageddon

cymraeg

War Hero
Abelio down this way after talking to some drivers massively over bid for the franchise and have been busy scrabbling round to claim delay minutes to try and make a profit

Chef

LE
It will help to reduce the carbon foot print of the conference so not all bad.

Chef

LE
How does a public transport strike reduce carbon emissions?
As @tiger stacker points out no trains, no dirty dieso fumes. people work from home, no nasty petrol fumes either.

It was also a flippant one liner and I couldn't find a 'Whoosh over your head went the joke' meme thingy.

Newsfeed yesterday reported that the Scottish government have bought a load of electric cars to ferry delegates about. Except they forgot to instal charging points, and have had to hire a diesel generator to recharge the e car batteries.
If you stroll past the SEC aka ground zero(cop 26) agrekko are onsite assisting the additional prefab hangers/buildings/enclosures.

Newsfeed yesterday reported that the Scottish government have bought a load of electric cars to ferry delegates about. Except they forgot to instal charging points, and have had to hire a diesel generator to recharge the e car batteries.
Your thinking of Gleneagles hotel where there is one charging point at the hotel and Malcom's plant hire is supplying gennies to support it, Funny for the past few weeks as I head up the M80/A9 you can see a load of tidying up of the verges/new road surfaces so I wonder who's staying there then,

To make it even more laughable Glasgow council has spent a fortune on electric cars 2yrs ago and left them parked up neverh aving turned a wheel yet can't open libaries or clean the streets

200 electric cars dumped in Glasgow car park for almost 2 years by city council

Let the Games Commence.
"Those who live close by and are about to be utterly phucked Salute You."

Jesus H Kerriste on a bike.
_120719003_38f2d2e3-e3c6-4d08-98dc-7a0d8ae4d72d.jpg

_120998021_eventops.jpg

At least The Pope gave it the bum's rush following colonic surgery..or summat.
So The Heid Bummer had someone else's digits up 'im then...ironic.

" Yooz knuts nae got betturr tae dae yooz basturds"
p01n8c7d.jpg

Latest Threads