• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RMR TRAINING NOT AFFECTED

For anyone who may be interested in a worthwhile , challenging and respected reserve role and may be considering a change
RMR Merseyside has dets in Liverpool , Manchester , Birmingham and Nottingham.
The recruiting Sgt has already had a raft of inquires call him on 0800 783 9529 to discuss options
before you ask - yes you do have to complete training again unless you have previously passed Commando Course

The question I asked back when this was first announced on ARRSE: what effect will it have on RMR/RNR and RAFR?

Am I right in saying that RMR is different from the TA in that they train IR's for Bootie rather than who Units?

passed-over said:
For anyone who may be interested in a worthwhile , challenging and respected reserve role and may be considering a change
The recruiting Sgt has already had a raft of inquires call him on 0800 783 9529 to discuss options
before you ask - yes you do have to complete training again unless you have previously passed Commando Course
Can non swimmers join?

Maritime Reserves ( MR ) have already achieved IYS ( IN YEAR SAVINGS ) from other areas than MTD s , the RMR obviously part of MR was never going to be affected anyway even if MR MTDs were targetted due to the operational output they provide.
Planning round 10 is still in progress and MR have been compelled to offer some permanent savings measures however none of them are on the scale of the TA suspension of training or even in that direction

in short RMR training continues as normall

"If" we're in a similar boat when back from Herrick next November, I'll off down there faster than a hundred speeding gazelles.

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
dangerousdave said:
passed-over said:
Can non swimmers join?
As far as I am aware all branches of HMF have a non-discriminitory policy towards our ethnic bretheren. :twisted:

Latest Threads