RMR TRAINING NOT AFFECTED

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by passed-over, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone who may be interested in a worthwhile , challenging and respected reserve role and may be considering a change
    RMR Merseyside has dets in Liverpool , Manchester , Birmingham and Nottingham.
    The recruiting Sgt has already had a raft of inquires call him on 0800 783 9529 to discuss options
    before you ask - yes you do have to complete training again unless you have previously passed Commando Course

2. The question I asked back when this was first announced on ARRSE: what effect will it have on RMR/RNR and RAFR?

Am I right in saying that RMR is different from the TA in that they train IR's for Bootie rather than who Units?

3. Can non swimmers join?

4. Maritime Reserves ( MR ) have already achieved IYS ( IN YEAR SAVINGS ) from other areas than MTD s , the RMR obviously part of MR was never going to be affected anyway even if MR MTDs were targetted due to the operational output they provide.
    Planning round 10 is still in progress and MR have been compelled to offer some permanent savings measures however none of them are on the scale of the TA suspension of training or even in that direction

in short RMR training continues as normall

5. "If" we're in a similar boat when back from Herrick next November, I'll off down there faster than a hundred speeding gazelles.

6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

As far as I am aware all branches of HMF have a non-discriminitory policy towards our ethnic bretheren. :twisted: