rmq course

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by greeny140, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. has any body recently done the rmq course im booked on it at donnington in september ive already done the cmcq course just wondering what to expect

2. Er, lots of time hanging about on ranges and stuff.

3. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Homework. Expect to write RASPS, conducting notes etc in your own time.
    Do this properly . . copy and paste is not necessarily your friend.

4. rasps??? :?

5. Range action safety plan. It essentially outlines your actions on and your firers brief, safety staf brief, staff appointments and the aims of the shoot.

Get yourself a copy of pam21 and there is an example of the headings to be used in a rasp, i believe its in the same section as the types of ranges, afraid i cant be 100% as i dont have access to a copy. Do not mistake an easp for a rasp.

6. Don't panic, you'll be taught how to do all that and more, expect open book tests, time on ranges etc.

All in all a good course,but once qualified use it!!

7. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Agreed, make sure your CoC use you once you have the qualification (surprised you've not heard of a RASP , you do have CMCQ after all . . . . .)

8. rasps were mentioned on cmcq but not taught, thanx for advice tho guys :D

9. RASPs are a pain in the bum but once you're familiar with them they're easy.

Get to know your way around Pam 21, it makes life easier, knowing where to look for the relavent information.