• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RMP

I'm new here! So hi!!

I'm going to be honest and apologies in advance if I get personal.

I'm a 23 year female. ex TA engineer (volunteered discharge because I work shifts and can't make it in anymore), photographer graduate.

Police is one of the careers I've always wanted to do. If I do it, I need to do it now.
I'm very small (let's re phrase that to frail) and I'm not confident with close support, okay I take that back, I'm appalling at it.

I want to go into investigations but I've discovered this comes in once you're a full corporal.

I looked into RAFP but it takes longer to get into investigations and my boyfriend who I'm settling down with has just passed his phase two from Southwick and I've been told the only possible way to be together is at Cyprus in the Police Triservice base.

I'm weighing up the pros and cons.

My concerns are close support, being able to be with my boyfriend, getting into the field I want, and coming back to civi life after 12 years and not having work. Do civi bil really take on people when they're in they're late 30s?!!

I've already gone into the careers offices and even talked to both army and raf police. It's just not enough answers for me because they're still serving and there were no females there to relate to me or advise me.

Civpol recruit right up to old buggers, so don't worry so much with that. Thing is, not just with RMP but with any job in the Army, is what the careers office say, and what actually happens can be completely different things. Unless you are actually married to your partner, the chances are, the army won't help you to be with him at all! And I wouldn't count on it too much if you were married either...

Oh yeah, if you want to investigate shit, join the Int Corps and get a job in CI.

Nothing much has changed in 18 years. Now that made me chuckle, but at least you didn't ask for dirty photos. Cue Smudge....

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm new here! So hi!!

I'm going to be honest and apologies in advance if I get personal.

I'm a 23 year female. ex TA engineer (volunteered discharge because I work shifts and can't make it in anymore), photographer graduate.

Police is one of the careers I've always wanted to do. If I do it, I need to do it now.
I'm very small (let's re phrase that to frail) and I'm not confident with close support, okay I take that back, I'm appalling at it.

I want to go into investigations but I've discovered this comes in once you're a full corporal.

I looked into RAFP but it takes longer to get into investigations and my boyfriend who I'm settling down with has just passed his phase two from Southwick and I've been told the only possible way to be together is at Cyprus in the Police Triservice base.

I'm weighing up the pros and cons.

My concerns are close support, being able to be with my boyfriend, getting into the field I want, and coming back to civi life after 12 years and not having work. Do civi bil really take on people when they're in they're late 30s?!!

I've already gone into the careers offices and even talked to both army and raf police. It's just not enough answers for me because they're still serving and there were no females there to relate to me or advise me.
Any pictures of your boyfriend?

I've got to feel a little sorry for the OP who appears to be asking innocent questions, little realising the antagonism it raises in some quarters (see that cunning link with th SFA piece?) of Arrse. In fact the first few posts in reply were incredibly restrained, butI see we have now established a norm. @blackrose: honesty is a virtue (and rare in a copper!) but asking an ostensibly Sevice audience to comment upon your desires to live out a Service career that is shaped exclusively to pander to your domestic requirements is a little naive. Try again!

Just to clarify to the ones who can't get my point of making this thread.
-----

I'm looking for RMPs to comment on their experiences because that's the direction I'm heading for.

Do we understand each other now ARSSE people?

Ideally need words from females on this forum and those who are no longer serving and can comment on life after i.e. the follow up career

Just to clarify to the ones who can't get my point of making this thread.
-----

I'm looking for RMPs to comment on their experiences because that's the direction I'm heading for.

Do we understand each other now ARSSE people?

Ideally need words from females on this forum and those who are no longer serving and can comment on life after i.e. the follow up career
Much better! I do hope you now get the feedback you're looking for - but a looking up your local RMP Coy and giving them a bell and asking to chat to a female member of the unit mght get you more forthright and honest briefs - as there would be nothing written down that might be used in evidence at a later date! good luck.

What part of the country are you in? Don't bother sourcing RMP info on here unless you get a PM. Far better to visit the nearest RMP unit and ask for a chat.

Latest Threads