RMP Walt?

Aphra

War Hero
Apologies for the source but I did enjoy this story. I post this link simply because the response of the RMPA is an object lesson in restraint and pointed comment. I've seen highly paid barristers who couldn't do as well as the RMPA spokesperson does here:

bwt.jpg

2 thumbs up to RMPA, I've never heard of the bloke, I was RMP 86-93. I served in Aldershot with one of the guys who was at the Falklands and had the medal and rosette. I've also seen photos of him at the surrender ceremony.

Aphra

War Hero
2 thumbs up to RMPA, I've never heard of the bloke, I was RMP 86-93. I served in Aldershot with one of the guys who was at the Falklands and had the medal and rosette. I've also seen photos of him at the surrender ceremony.
I knew you were RMP and thought you'd like the RMPA statement. I confess I had a picture of the spokesperson having their tongue firmly stuck in their cheek, calling the bloke a knobhead without using the word.

Aphra

War Hero
You’re not getting away with a wah that easily :)
No wah. I've never heard of it but if I had to guess, I imagine it's something to do with scraping the Dettol logo off the bottle to use as a medal? In much the way people used to use a Newcastle Brown Ale label as a tax disc on their ancient motorbikes, allegedly.

The group found that only three members of the RMP had been awarded the QGM in the last 40 years with one being deceased, another a woman, and the third recipient not being him.

Yup, he deffo doesn't look like Mr. L

Aphra

War Hero
Could even be this one, which is possibly more likely. ;)
View attachment 634405

Ah yes. As could have been worn by my double glazing 'engineer' who proudly told me about his previous career in the Army. 'I was a marine. You had to pass a rigorous selection to get in. To be honest it took me a couple of goes'. I must have looked impressed because he went on for the next two hours......

Last edited:
Apologies for the source but I did enjoy this story. I post this link simply because the response of the RMPA is an object lesson in restraint and pointed comment. I've seen highly paid barristers who couldn't do as well as the RMPA spokesperson does here:

He has certainly got balls walting as RMP, of all regiments, I'd opt for RLC

Latest Threads