Rmp ta

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by jakeyboy, Jun 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all recently applied for rmp ta I'm wondering how much policing they do. I keep getting two different answers that they police and that they don't. Can anyone shed some light cheers
  2. Don't do any policing at all. The "police" in Royal Military Police isn't related to the modern use of "police". Instead it derives from the medieval Latin politia meaning "civil administration" (itself derived from the Greek polis, or city). To this end the Royal Military Police are responsible for providing administrative support including filing, clerking, research, archiving, accounting and general secretarial services rather than "policing" as the term is understood by most people.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. try nicking their wheeltrims,outside queens in hameln.
  4. What an ill-informed load of nonsense.

The RMP do indeed "police" in the traditional sense. Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking total rubbish.
  5. aye,the swine nicked me nee bother.
  6. See, there you go. The RMP can be seen everywhere that the rest of the Army is based or deployed doing traditional police work, and they can also be found fighting alongside the infantry, often leading from the front in combat patrols while also doing in-theatre policing. I read an article the other month about a young member of the RMP who arrested 17 insurgents in one day - I'm pretty sure the squaddies she was attached to may have helped, though!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    Of course they police.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I know the reg rmp police just with the nature of the ta some say they don't have the time of day to go around arresting drunk squaddies

9. You must an Officer because is the biggest load of bullshit that I have ever heard!
  10. Try posting in the Just TA forum