• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

RMP Selection

bust my knee and bought a computer

Bravo_Bravo said:
Daytona

You forgot to make a point.

@ Tropper66 - you've made >400 posts in less than a month? Life feeling a bit... empty? Just can't quite spell... Trooper?

REf the 30 years ago bit; sorry I missed that in the original post.

:D
B-B

I am learning from you - pointless posts!!

hey cider, i passed adsc 2 month ago with flyin colours but have been told i wont get in to basic untill april/may unless i change trades, gonna stick it out tho!!!

cidercountry said:
Hello guys, I'm a newbie and was hoping for a bit of advice. I've applied to join the army with RMP as my first choice, and although I'll except the opportunity for 2nd/3rd choice, RMP is, if the truth be told, the only army career I'm really passionate about. I'm currently waiting on my dates for selection having done my BARB (78), and sent off my medical last week. My recruiter has suggested selection will hopefully be in January. Presuming I pass off ok, does anybody have an idea of when phase 1 for the RMP would commence? I understand RMP is a popular choice and I might have a wait on my hands, but any info people could give me would be most appreciated. Thanks.
The RMP training is nowhere near as bullshitty as it used to be.

Yes, on completion of training you get made up to Lance Comical (protection Stripe)

If its what you want to do, go for it!!!

In my opinion the only people with attitude towards the RMP are the thick Squaddies who believe all the hype, and the ones that are jealous. To be an RMP you have to score reasonably highly in your exam when you join....if you get a low score you usually end up in the Infantry or the Artillery

Contrary to popular belief, not every RMP is an arrsehole. Some are...but then again I met more than my fair share of arrseholes in other Corps too.

Good luck.

Use_the_Force said:
You should be more afraid of an alert Monkey than a Monkey alert.
More chance of seeing the tooth fairy.

Randy_McNob said:
cidercountry said:
Hello guys, I'm a newbie and was hoping for a bit of advice. I've applied to join the army with RMP as my first choice, and although I'll except the opportunity for 2nd/3rd choice, RMP is, if the truth be told, the only army career I'm really passionate about. I'm currently waiting on my dates for selection having done my BARB (78), and sent off my medical last week. My recruiter has suggested selection will hopefully be in January. Presuming I pass off ok, does anybody have an idea of when phase 1 for the RMP would commence? I understand RMP is a popular choice and I might have a wait on my hands, but any info people could give me would be most appreciated. Thanks.
The RMP training is nowhere near as bullshitty as it used to be.

Yes, on completion of training you get made up to Lance Comical (protection Stripe)

If its what you want to do, go for it!!!

In my opinion the only people with attitude towards the RMP are the thick Squaddies who believe all the hype, and the ones that are jealous. To be an RMP you have to score reasonably highly in your exam when you join....if you get a low score you usually end up in the Infantry or the Artillery

Contrary to popular belief, not every RMP is an arrsehole. Some are...but then again I met more than my fair share of arrseholes in other Corps too.

Good luck.
Exactly what is the nature of this exam? I scored 79 BARB and 37 TST, I thought that was all you had to do :?

Yes, it's a spelling and punctuation test. Unlucky, Hopton! :D

tomjj said:
Ok here goes. I am also going for RMP. I had selection at the beginning of this month at Pirbright and did everything well apart from when it came to the team tasks. Apparently I didn't speak up enough and got deferred for 3 months but atleast I passed the medical I guess :D . The reason I am telling you this is because you have to do really well on the team tasks specifically because RMP get their first stripe after training (as you should know) so you have to show more leadership potential than the other people on your selection who don't get their first stripe straight away e.g Infantry. "They don't just give you it"- I was told.

/quote]

Actually they do just give you it, unless the failure rate is horrendous. How can you quantify yourself as an NCO having never served as a pte soldier?
8)

Tytus_Barnowl said:
tomjj said:
Ok here goes. I am also going for RMP. I had selection at the beginning of this month at Pirbright and did everything well apart from when it came to the team tasks. Apparently I didn't speak up enough and got deferred for 3 months but atleast I passed the medical I guess :D . The reason I am telling you this is because you have to do really well on the team tasks specifically because RMP get their first stripe after training (as you should know) so you have to show more leadership potential than the other people on your selection who don't get their first stripe straight away e.g Infantry. "They don't just give you it"- I was told.

/quote]

Actually they do just give you it, unless the failure rate is horrendous. How can you quantify yourself as an NCO having never served as a pte soldier?
8)
All I did was look at the stripe on my right arm and the rank 'LCpl' written before my name on my pay statement. I found that a good way to quantify it.