RMP recruit

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by TheRealDave, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I've currently just finished my first year at college (BTEC level 3 public services) and i am sticking on to do next year. After that I had always been torn between military and police. A teacher of mine suggested the RMP and I just had a few questions I wanted to ask. I went to the army recruit place in my area and they were very helpful. However they couldn't help me with all my questions.

How would the RMP be compared to the civi police? (similarities/differences)

How do other soldiers see you? Respect?

Is it possible to join as an officer and do RMP roles or something similar? (forgot to ask while i was there :oops: )

What do you enjoy/dislike about the job?

And just anymore info about it really. I've looked into either wanting to do general police duties or CP. I suppose I would have a better opinion when i've heard some responses. I'm not too worried about the recruitment side. Only medical condition is hayfever but i did put myself in hospital a few years back with an overdose (oops). Fitness should be ok and I meet all qualifications.

So yeah, tell me about the RMP :) Thanks

2. Do you like fighting with drunken soliders? Do you like stagging on in sh1tholes around the world? Do you like checking if someone has registered thier car legally in Germany? If yes join the RMP's....

edited as a I am a mong...

3. Try talking to a few of the RMP and get a true picture of what it is all about.. if it still fits in with your aspirations, then go for it. It is a great career and a brilliant Regiment... of course, all those who aren't RMP will disagree, but like I said, talk to people actually in it and get the warts and all.

4. Well, yeah. That sort of stuff does actually interest me :p

My dad was a police all his life so i was brought around those kind of stories. Might seem like a pain for some people but i would rather be solving the problem then having someone giving me bother for causing the problems (not that i would if i wasnt a police :) )

5. Have you tried reading the other 490 threads on this subject?

6. With you on this one Biscuits - plenty of threads already. Sounds like our man needs to identify if he wants to be a policeman or an officer as clearly the roles are very different.

7. You missed out holding speed guns :wink: and naked bars :twisted:

8. Yeah...'specially the naked bars!

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't be daft - to be eligible for the Monkeys he/she has to be a Scum reader - don't have to read the other 490 threads, it is all well documented by Tom Neutron Dumbell. :cry:

10. Are you following me?

11. Why when it would take some one two minutes to reply to my (pretty simple) questions. Is everyone so anti-social in the army? Just trying to get some questions addressed. Hope it's not too much of a problem for you.

12. Dont worry about biscuits he is just a disgruntled ex branch man, one of many

13. What about those still serving?

14. Their gruntle is even more dissed

15. Disgruntled...whahahahahhahah! You obviously weren't in my street when the cheque came through!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.