RMP Postings

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Mike444, Mar 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am about to join an ATR in May to Join the RMP. I know that you join a company but can you be posted to a location as an individual detachment i.e say Warcop because it only holds a battalion. What are the chances of vacancies on operational tours with RMP

2. RMP are organised into Provost Companies (supporting Brigades) within a Regimental framework (supporting 2* HQs and Commands).

Within that, some Companies break down even further, but Police 2020 will change all that. Every Garrison will get its own infrastructure policing Company (including Gutersloh - at last!), leaving the other 3 companies within the RMP Regiment 'free' for op tours (3 Bdes - 3 Coys).

RMP get posted all over the world - literally - and are currently labouring under an approximate 43% op tour turnover. You are almost guaranteed to deploy on ops twice in your first 16 months with a Pro Coy.

SIB are also being reorganised with the Police 2020 piece, but its going to be a loooooong while before you can do that.

3. Police 2020? Sounds like a long way off.

4. Hmm is that not the way the RMP do things now? :twisted:

if not why not?

5. Which Bn is being posted to Warcop ? - that sounds like shitty death to me.

6. Worchester and sherwood foresters are at warcop just now