RMP patrolling West End?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Feb 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. While wandering down Gerrard St (Chinatown) on my way to a mediocre meal with my GF last night, I saw a copper on the beat with an RMP. I've never seen that in London before, what's the deal? Looking for wayward toms, or what?

I would have asked him, but he had that no-nonsense disgruntled monkey face on...
  2. Dealing with soldiers, probably. The civvy police will all have hidden in the nearest cupboard, so they have to fetch the RMP.
  3. Fancy dress party or someone selling their arrse around Soho?
  4. .. 'bring yer kid to work' day?
  5. I left London a couple years ago, but even then RMP went on patrol with the Civi Police quite often, gives us something to do.

There are a lot of Soldiers on the Pi$$ in the west end at the weekend (Wellington Bks, Chelsea Bks, Hyde Park Bks, St Johns Wood Bks, Regents Park Bks etc), so it gives us some lads on the ground. When I was there, we also parked up on Leicester Square to show a presence/perv. It also confused the Sh!t out of the Civis.

It definitely beats sitting in the police station all night.
  6. Nah, most redcaps wouldn't know who their fathers were, unless they were also their granddads too! :lol:
  7. I will go to my grave happy tonight.. .. :wink:

Are they old enough to know, or be told they were Lesser Love Children?
  8. They punt about with the Safer Neighbourhood Team I believe.
  9. Not only does it give them something to do in London, it also gets the Corps in the public eye

Joint Patrols are fairly common in most places there are RMP.
  10. If things kick off and the Policeman has to get his hands dirty

will the RMP jump in to help them ?
  11. Ram it!

I think the chaps from LonDist Provo Coy at Rochester Row go out on foot patrol with the chaps from Charing Cross nick to keep an eye out for any wayward lads from any of the London Barracks.

Damn useful as part of resettlement if theyre looking at CivPol when they get out.
  12. Yes and that behavior has been demonstrated many many times in countries across the world wherever RMP patrol with the indigenous police.
  13. Absolutely, we do it regularly...
  14. Only if he doesn't have to put the dohnuts down :)
  15. I have to say that I don't often see the RMP from Rochester Row out and about up the west end, not that I'm saying they don't. Although I and few colleauges have been known to drop in there for a brew. I find it quite strange that we (MDP at Whitehall) don't really have a working relationship up there with you guys.