RMP or civvy police?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by SpottyDog, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been considering joining the RMP, however I am starting to reconsider as everyone I meet says:

If you want to be a copper join the civvy police

I suppose each has its advantages and disadvantages, at least in the RMP I wouldn't have to worry about the huge house prices where I live. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom for/against the RMP? By the way, if you are a non-RMP idiot with a grudge and a huge bias I don't want to hear your rantings. Thank you.
  2. Use the search function. This has been discussed to death on several occasions!
  3. I would if I knew how! I am an internet mong. I've seen some threads in the past but they were littered with abuse aimed at the RMP in general from eejits who've obviously been in trouble.
  4. Don't worry you'll fit right in.
  5. From my limited experience with the RMP, i would personaly suggest going civvie.

But i would still recommend joining the forces, get into a decent regiment and get a trade. then do a couple of years get the experience under your belt and leave for civvie police.

My 2 pence worth !
  6. On a more interesting point do you know that Spotty Dog was the name given to a UN check point near Maglai, Bosnia??
  7. PM sent.

8. If you want to be a cun t and screw over your own join the Monkeys if you want a real policing job civvy every time!! And I have an Exemplary record thankyou!! Justy seen to many been screwed over for no reason!
  9. Ronnie,

Please do me a favour and send me a list all of those examples where you feel soldiers, RMP or otherwise have been 'screwed over' by members of AGC (RMP). We have a duty of care to our troops and I feel very strongly that such issues should be taken seriously by the CofC. When I get your list I will pass it on to HQ PM(A) for them to take a look and hopefully take the appropriate action.

If, however, you don't feel able to do that, I would respectfully suggest that you stop pushing tired, unoriginal, sweeping generalities and then p**s off back home. Your village is missing its idiot!

Kind rgds as ever

10. On what basis do you say that? Kn0bber. I was asking the opinions of people who know what they are talking about, not from complete c0ckheads who like to think they know what they are talking about.
  11. Because you seemed like a totally well balanced and level-headed individual who can keep a cool head? .....er wait a minute
  12. I just say what I think. Not a bad thing, especially if your going to be in copper-type business. Not any good to be a shrinking violet is it.
  13. As a recently joined civ plod I think if you just say what you think you had better join RMP. The civ police is difficult to get into and not many are recruiting. It has taken me 18 months to get a start date. They are very cautious of upsetting anybody and people who say what they think will quickly find the door. Either choice, good luck.
  14. Spottydog - I have never had any problems with the RMP, have an exemplary record, did 6 months AMPs in Germany in the early nineties and had friends in the RMP.

Yes, their are a lot who are cnuts, it comes with the job as it's not "civvy" policing!

But with thew attitude you just displayed I doubt if you would make the old bill and you would be on every squaddies hit list as a monkey!
  15. Joing the RMP Exemplo Ducemus - we do not screw our own as the lowlife non law abiding likes are not OUR OWN. We enforce the law, represent authority and not many people like that these days, until of course they have been wrong done then they come a runnin!

A Provost must have a Horse afforded him and soldiers to attend him otherwise the service will suffer..........(Chrionicles of War)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.