RMP Officer's blues

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by watch_the_birdie, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but my partner is currently in Afghan and he is asking me to do a bit of research for getting him a set of blues. He requires a set for a number of weddings and other occasions he has been asked to attend when he is back later in the year. He is an RMP officer in the TA, but his unit don't seem to be much help to get anything blues wise.

Where does one get blues these days? Buying, begging, borrowing, stealing.....

2. Many, Many years ago I got married in Blues. Clothing stores kept a small amount of Blues for special occasions. I was able to get a set to fit ( with a bit of alteration ) but had to return them after my wedding.

Not sure if it still works this way though.

3. Try the Museum at DCPG. They normally have uniforms for hire or sale!!! worth a try!! As an Officer he will also need a sword and Lt Col(Retd) Jon Baber is a good ol' soul, and will be able to sort something out for you!!

The RMP Museum
    DCPG
    PP38
    Southwick Park
    Nr Fareham
    Hampshire
    PO17 6EJ

Tel: 023 9228 4372

Email: museum_rhqrmp@btconnect.com

4. Every one i know in the RMP has a set of blues, you could also try getting in touch with the nearest Provo Coy and have a word with them. Ive got a set but they are SNCO ones, not much good i would suggest. That said Jon Baber is the man for the job, if he cant get you a set...NO ONE CAN. :rmp: