RMP OFFICER RECRUITING YES OR NO

I have a mate who wants to join the RMP as an Officer. However, he has been told (not sure by who) that the RMP are not recruiting officers for a period (non specific) of time. Is this true or just some bull from the ACIO who want him to join some Jock Regt?

Any advice for him?

Sorry- Posted in error!

I believe that the RMP filled their Officer Quota for the year. Best way to check for sure is to speak to either the RMP rep at Sandhurst or the RMP recruitment and liason officer at Worthy Down.

Hope that helps

No, that's not true, they're still taking Officers

RMP are recuriting officers - FACT. However it does appear to help if you are female and have eyelashes to flutter which is undermining some really decent females officers we have who have real ability rather than the need to resort to charm and looks. .

They are still recruiting officers, no one can afford not to, my advice for what it is worth is to get to Sandhurst and try and do what you want. The quota system is based on who commissions not on who starts so unless you are in your Senior term at Sandhurst the quota means very little.

Modfather said:
RMP are recuriting officers - FACT. However it does appear to help if you are female and have eyelashes to flutter which is undermining some really decent females officers we have who have real ability rather than the need to resort to charm and looks. .
My mate is in the brown and smelly then. He is 6'3", ugly as sin and plays second row.

B

Biscuits_AB

Modfather said:
Well the ones I've encountered possess neither charm nor looks. I believe that they had eyelashes, but won't go as far as to swear on it, as their foreheads were quite low.

blacknasty said:
This topic is so really unfair and biased.... what about all the s**t male ones aswell !! lets be fair
Did you stamp your feet when you wrote the last comment! You shouldn't condemn the fact that a number of 's**t' male officers exist. If RMP did not have such officers then the girls would have no shoulder to cry on!! Fair point eh........

Sorry, but that ain't narrowed it down I'm afraid. The last few years have seen a good number of 'famous' ones. RMP are fast approaching double figures.

Don't forget, whether they be fat or ugly, female officers go through the SAME recruitment process. Just that any incompetance when it comes to females will be address to "urg, shes f-ing useless cos shes female" and guys will be seens just as "hes f-ing useless".

Guys admit it, I'm right. How often do you turn round to a mate complaining a male officer is incompetant cos hes a guy?

Latest Threads