• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

RMP OFFICER Educational requirements

Hi wondering if anyone can help,

I have noticed that you require 35 ALIS points and 180 UCAS points in order to enter at officer level, however, I can't seem to find anywhere how much each GCSE is worth in ALIS points and if I can actually qualify to become an Officer in the Royal Military Police.

In my GCSE's I managed to get the following:
English Language - C
English Literature - C
Science - C
Mathematics - C
BTEC National Diploma in Science - Pass (equivalent to two C grade GCSES)
BTEC National Diploma in Business Studies - Pass (equivalent to two C grade GCSES)
History - D
Sociology - D

And in my A-LEVELS I managed to get the following:
BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science - Distinction (equivalent to A/B A-Level)
BTEC National Diploma in Public Services - Distinction (equivalent to A/B A-Level)
BTEC National Diploma in Business Studies - Merit (equivalent to B/C A-Level)

I've also just graduated from DMU with a certificate of higher education in Criminology and Criminal Justice. (Which is basically when you have completed the first year of a university degree and have decided not to carry on ect.) Could you please advise me on if I have the requirements in order to qualify for this role.

Aren't police officers supposed to be able to deduct and deduce?
Sorry to not be a helping hand but you want to be a monkey officer yet you can't find basic info that is freely available on the interwebs or from a five minute visit to a recruitment office.
SIB material no doubt...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You need all that to waddle around camp grassing up real soldiers for speeding?
I would've thought that Eng Lit would be a given, after all those false statements don't make themselves up!

OP, in all seriousness just pop down to,
St Georges House
6 St George Way
Leicester
and have a chat.
You will get short shrift here. Military Police are disliked in the military on a level you will only experience on the monsell or Braunstone etc, in your current role.

Ps, you're not a Melton copper are you?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi wondering if anyone can help,

I have noticed that you require 35 ALIS points and 180 UCAS points in order to enter at officer level, however, I can't seem to find anywhere how much each GCSE is worth in ALIS points and if I can actually qualify to become an Officer in the Royal Military Police.

In my GCSE's I managed to get the following:
English Language - C
English Literature - C
Science - C
Mathematics - C
BTEC National Diploma in Science - Pass (equivalent to two C grade GCSES)
BTEC National Diploma in Business Studies - Pass (equivalent to two C grade GCSES)
History - D
Sociology - D

And in my A-LEVELS I managed to get the following:
BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science - Distinction (equivalent to A/B A-Level)
BTEC National Diploma in Public Services - Distinction (equivalent to A/B A-Level)
BTEC National Diploma in Business Studies - Merit (equivalent to B/C A-Level)

I've also just graduated from DMU with a certificate of higher education in Criminology and Criminal Justice. (Which is basically when you have completed the first year of a university degree and have decided not to carry on ect.) Could you please advise me on if I have the requirements in order to qualify for this role.
ALIS Points-
A* = 8
A = 7
B = 6
C = 5
D = 4

You need 35 points from your top 7 subjects (you will have to check if they will accept your BTECs).

If you can draw this then you're in: