• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RMP No 1 Dress Uniform hire for a wedding

Hi everyone, can someone be of help and let me know where and if it is possible to hire a rmp dress uniform for a cpl. in summer of next year?
Thx

This may come across as a bit old school....... but he should only be getting married in uniform he wears.

I feel revulsion for people who borrow/buy/rent uniform that they are not issued. It all strikes me as a bit of a dressing up game.

But, as advised, if he is entitled to wear it, he can get it through the system.

This may come across as a bit old school....... but he should only be getting married in uniform he wears.

I feel revulsion for people who borrow/buy/rent uniform that they are not issued. It all strikes me as a bit of a dressing up game.

But, as advised, if he is entitled to wear it, he can get it through the system.
That's a bit strong, surely? Personally, I reserve feelings of revulsion for child murderers, coprophiles and necrophiliacs, not someone who, without the private income to purchase a uniform he will very rarely wear, decides to borrow one instead.

I stick with revulsion for uniform fantasists and dressers up.

For the groups you mention I feel slightly more than reviled.

So, how does the thought process go?

I'm getting married. I could get married in a suit. I'm a serviceman so I could get married in uniform. I don't have the uniform I want to wear. I could buy it. I could borrow it. I could sign it out temp.

What a beautiful gesture for the bride's big day.

Ref, your avatar. Do I know you?

@ Pewish. I'm sure that if you looked in the mirror you would notice you probably have that nasty word you mentioned wirtten on your forehead for all to see. Get a life will you!! and don't insult people you don't know.
Everyone else who left me polite and helpful comments. thank you very much.

Righto.......oh and SUSPECT is spelt thus.......................Just bad memories of RMP, mostly overzealous, & overweight. Still took great plasure in chinning one in Berlin circa 1971
I do humbly apologise for the tip of my finger nudging the wrong key in my response to your puerile post. I shall ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Did a big, nasty monkey touch you in a naughty place, you poor poppet.

I'm sure you, in your manliness, really did chin an RMP, didn't you. You big internet hard man.

Bless.

@ Pewish. I'm sure that if you looked in the mirror you would notice you probably have that nasty word you mentioned wirtten on your forehead for all to see. Get a life will you!! and don't insult people you don't know.
Everyone else who left me polite and helpful comments. thank you very much.
Spot-on. I wish you were my mum.

Latest Threads