RMP / MOD plod advice needed.

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Concrete_Marmoset, Jun 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry to bother you chaps.
    I spotted what appears to be a brand new item of MTP on ebay while killing time at work. I do know that this stuff is not supposed to be on the civvie market as it's only just being rolled out for operations. I had heard that there is a section in the MOD/RMP looking out for this sort of thing. does anyone perchance have the contact details or could get a message to them ?

ebay item 330440676456

2. Whitehall 1212

Or let the monkeys trawl eBay for themselves? It's hardly rocket science, is it?

3. I haven't looked at the item but are you sure it's MTP and not multi-cam?

4. no deffo multicam, the DIIF home page gets lots of news notices about MTP being issued so we are getting quite adept at spotting it. But i notice the item has been taken off before it was due to end. I know a few blokes from here sent him questions asking why he has it...

5. Knob.

Someone with a genuine request, wanting to know how to report someone selling military equipment that should be issued to front line soldiers and all you can do (as always) is make dumbass comments, showing your hatred for the RMP. Would you rather NOT have these idiots bought to account for stealing and selling on equipment that our guys should be using for the right purpose, or does it gall you too much to 'grass' on people to the RMP?

6. Even in these enlightened days everyone jumps to emotional conclusions. What if, just if, he came by it lawfully and was perfectly entitled to sell it. Ever considered that? I thought not. It is just cloth at the end of the day.

7. Yeah, but if that really was the case would the miscreant have de-listed when asked a couple of questions? Does that sound like the actions of an innocent seller? Does it Fcuk

8. Good job you are not a policeman. isn't it?

9. Yawn :roll:

10. I really hope that the system never lets you supervise investigations:

'Miscreant' - already decided guilt before the facts are examined?
    'de-listed when asked a couple of questions' could be many reasons only one of which could possibly be guilt

'Does that sound like the actions of an innocent seller?' Again you have already decided on guilt.

All this based on little or no facts and a few words posted on an internet forum. You are just plain dangerous. (and no, that isn't a compliment)

Go on, you are really a 20 year acling LCpl on some RP Staff aren't you?

11. If you are still a rockape and you actually man up and report this to RMP/Mod plod the first thing they ask is why didn't you report it to RAF police...

12. I spotted someone trying to sell some military kit using a photo of my better half last night. Admittedly, the photo was a bit retro and is in the public domain but I was still surprised.

13. There is a section at the Service Police Crime Bureau (SPCB) in Portsmouth tha deals with internet issues, such as selling knock off military stuff on e-bay... give them a call!! 02392285170 - it's a 24hrs manned number!!

However, some of the stuff on e-bay isnt knock off...some of it is surplus, some of it is fake, some just military gash that someone is trying to make money out of!!! You can even by a "replica" Close Protection Course Pass certificate, signed by a previous Provost Marshall . If that flicks your switch!!!