RMP mess dress braces.

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by TheAllTooDifficultColumn, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Red

0 vote(s)
  2. Blue

0 vote(s)
  3. Grey

0 vote(s)
  4. Doesn't matter

5 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What colour braces should be worn with RMP mess dress? I've been told red, navy blue and the grey ones issued with No 2 dress by various different people in the unit. I can't find anything specific in AGC dress regs, only that braces should be worn. Does this mean that the colour is immaterial?
  2. Seriously, who cares; does your mess have underwear inspections at functions?
  3. So I take it the answer is, "The colour is immaterial" then? That's all you had to say. It's a perfectly genuine question, if it doesn't matter then great. If it does, I don't want to get it wrong.
  4. So do you regularly take your jacket and waistcoat off at mess dinners? Bad form dear boy.
    As you pay your own money for it, you can wear what colour you want with it.
  5. Anything you please. It adds a little character
  6. This Xmas will be my first in The Big Boys' mess, hence my keeness to get things right! As far as etiquette goes, I'll be watching what others do and doing as they do. Thanks for the confirmation, though. At least now I know what I can buy.
  7. For braces, look no further than Albert Thurston. Top quality, great variety, and the proper button-on sort, not the...other (sneers)
  8. Jesus! Maybe when the numbers come up...
  9. No? OK then, perhaps Santa will come to the rescue...
  10. Don't get me wrong, it's obviously top quality kit, but the chances of Sunray Domestic permitting me to continue breathing after I'd spunked $70 on a pair of braces are somewhere between Nil and Who Do You Think You're Kidding.
  11. Ah, I see. Her dozens of pairs of barely-worn shoes are OK, though? Female double standards...:x
  12. Thankfully, she doesn't actually do the Imelda Marcos bit. In fact, her biggest expenditure is on football tickets, I can't really grumble at that!
  13. You're better off with the football, then :-D
  14. you can use string if you like.