RMP Jurisdiction in BAOR

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Jaeger, Sep 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apropos an argument I'm having on another forum , could anyone illuminate me as to what the protocols were for RMP involvement in RTA deaths of British Service personnel on German roads? Who took primacy, the Polizei or the RMP? What about inquests etc, was a German inquest mandatory or was it all done via the British military under the Status of Forces agreement ? Thanks :D

2. Any death involving soldier/dep/ukbc was dealt with by the service police under the SOFA agreemnt. SIB would work with the GPC or Kreepo as they do now.

3. It was all down to circumstances and who was involved. Brit soldier in car hit tree, dead. No German involvement, purely Brit case. Once you get to multiple vehicle involvement and multi national, then it is decided between the authorities who has primacy. I speak as ex monkey. Post Mortems etc usually at Britmil Hops, not sure about inquests, depends on whwre the body went. If back to UK, then inquest at port of entry.

All a bit vague I know, but as I said, it was all down to the level of involvemtn, location and if there was nay German interest.

4. I was being a bit of a bell end one day and whilst trying to be cool on the bike which I have never really learned to ride properly (Christ you should see my insurance) I let the clutch out too fast and shit myself. So, in order to make you guys think that I am the lad as opposed to being the utter tosser you all believe that I am, I conjured up this little tale about me gobbing off to an RMP patrol. In actual fact, I made the whole thing up. They asked for my docs and I obliged. I also apologised profusely for my errant ways.

I chose my ARRSE nickname as I thought that you might think that I was cool. Kawasaki ZX 9's are reasonable bikes but sadly I've not got the ability to ride it to it's fullest potential. I like to go fast on straight roads and my back tyre will evidence that. I've got some scuffed knee sliders, but I did them in the workshops after hours of rubbing them against some flag stones in me mams back garden.

I am a bell end.

5. Apropos? Is that Yorkshire or Greek?

6. Was I right about the jurisdiction though?

No Mate you were just very lucky that they were muppets! RMP can use SOBAG's in camp and the UK RTA (Road Traffic Act) outside on the public highway.
    They can stop any person that they beleive to be a Soldier/Dependant or UKBC in a UK Reg or DE Reg car (BFG) under the AA55. If by chance its not one of the above, then they can call the GCP for them to deal. On most occassions the GCP will let them off if they are of the Master Race, but if they are Turks or Eastern Europeans rubber hoses and water treatment

7. Is that the sound of 'Did I ever tell you how I killed a Moinkey and got off with in tale'? I suppose they were muppets if this was true as I would have arrested you for being gobby and then gone to town on the traffic offences and the mechanical condition of your bike.

Nothing personal you understand?

8. what is the other forum please.

rmp have primacy over any incident invoving british soldiers dependants and people who work for the mod ie ukbc's. the gcp however, can retain jurisdiction on any job involving soldiers etc as they have primacy. take for example the fijian soldier accused of a sexual offence in bavaria i think. although the sofa agreement is there they can still retain jurisdicttion although this is rarely done. i hope that helps

9. That was clear as mud.

10. Someone left their computer logged on.......................... :D