RMP - is it really that bad?

moving-target-survivor said:
ha ha ....******* the lot of you!
Monkey you always seem to attract people who struggle to put together a coherent sentence let alone an argument!

Shame this thread appears to be going down hill, as I was looking forward to people posting sensible comments

tsar_Nikolas said:
Monkey you always seem to attract people who struggle to put together a coherent sentence let alone an argument!

Shame this thread appears to be going down hill, as I was looking forward to people posting sensible comments

where have you been these last six months?

this is the third/fourth(?) time an 'RMP' thread has been debated .......and re-debated?

the only other threads to come up nearly-so-often, are the 'HAC' thread on the TA forum and the 'Mongs' thread on the Naafi thread!

(oh, and P-Coy Vs Booty)

Ok-finally some sense. However, ignoring the Lancejacks on power trips (of which I admit there are many) what about the rest of us? No doubt you have a low opinion of civplod as well? Its a sometimes unpleasant or difficult job, but it has to be done. If you're an NCO, in reality we're effectively doing the job that's expected of you-discipline. Except we have to do it when you're off duty, or in some situations have exercised the wrong judgement. have you ever thought about it like that? I freely admit we sometimes get it wrong, or get lead into it by our bosses, but strangely enough many of us do attempt to see it from the squaddies view.
I really don't care if you view us as cnuts-you only exist as a name on my computer. If you had dealings with me on a professional basis, I may respect your opinion.
As for the thread self-perpetuating itself. Isn't that the point of this forum-discussion?

Tsar, no doubt people will see the thread and post accordingly. Moving target has finally discovered that his computer is also a word processor, and is adding to his insults with signs that he is, just maybe, a sentient life-form. I llok forward to the impending rumble.....

Northern Monkey said:
FRG will no doubt be along soon, he always follows me. As for nicking things, well Kosovo broke my heart when we confiscated, then burned, about 200,000 fags. Oh the money I could have made there! Don't worry about Moving Target-he's just bitter at the fact he can't come up with somewhere original to stash his ill-gotten gain.
And as if by magic FRG shows up like a bad smell or an RMP wen everyone has gone to hospital and the bad guy is holed up showered/pizza'd up drinking NM's beer. Sorry mate but you know my feelings, why oh why would anyone want to join the Army to be a Police Officer wen you can serve your local community as CIVPOL? All beyond me. To the chap with the original question. Join the Army to be a soldier or join the real Police (thats ther ones that train at recognised Police Training Colleges). NM as ever its good to see you mate and I wish you and yours a prosperous and happy new year.

Effy

(i do deal with RMP on a regular basis...professionally, NOT by necessity)

you tried to 'string-people-up' on T2 and T3, when public criticism in the UK forced the British Army to 'be seen' as self-policing

you elaborated to charges where none stood

you would rather bang-up soldiers on circumspect evidence than stand your ground against the media and the government

you sided with Iraqi police who were known to be corrupt

you sided with so-called farmers who engineerd 'contacts' in order to get $1000 injury bounties

you blamed the Para's for not digging your mukkas out in Maysan ....when your fellas were obviously not prepared for their mission. I know this because I saw it on a monitor

you used army-dogs when you knew it incited fear and agression in the local iraqi communities...i know this because I witnessed vet-corp officers disticntly telling you so.

you have not done yourselves proud .....and dont get any respect

tsar_Nikolas said:

Mention the word “Monkey “ and all sensible comments go out the window. You might just as well try and flick ash into an ashtray on a motor cycle whilst on the move!

I would really like to see some of the posters on this topic, try and take a statement under caution in longhand (know what I mean guys, joined up writing, no spell-check!)
:lol: :lol:

And the same to you FRG. Did no one ever tell you our bosses tell us all the time that we're soldiers first and foremost? (That would of course explain all those strange pouches and straps in my cupboard. Someone said it was webbing, but it's nothing like the webbing my girlfriend has!)
Why oh why would I want to serve my local community? I'm from Manchester FFS.
At least when I first went into Pristina in '99 (swing the lamp) I felt we were doing a worthwhile job, wish I could say the same about Iraq! Besides, as MTS points out where could I liberate as much kit in civplod as I can on RMP plunder?
By the way I used to serve in TA RMP with a guy, now an h'officer, who was firearms civvy bill and used to get a monk on when you referred to his constabulary as "civvy" bill! Then again apparently he used to strut into work, and put his foot on the desk, to expose his firearm, and strike up a conversation with the attractive support staff. Now he was a cowboy

Rumrunner said:
tsar_Nikolas said:

Mention the word “Monkey “ and all sensible comments go out the window. You might just as well try and flick ash into an ashtray on a motor cycle whilst on the move!

I would really like to see some of the posters on this topic, try and take a statement under caution in longhand (know what I mean guys, joined up writing, no spell-check!)
Rumrunner, as I always say to probationers, make sure you know the full facts of both sides before you effect any action. This would include challenging people. I would also think that your colleagues wouldnt like to be affiliated to anyone opening up challenges or throwing gauntlets down. It aint worth the paper itrs written on hence empty threat.

All said, I wish you a peaceful and quiet new year.

FRG

Northern Monkey said:
And the same to you FRG. Did no one ever tell you our bosses tell us all the time that we're soldiers first and foremost? (That would of course explain all those strange pouches and straps in my cupboard. Someone said it was webbing, but it's nothing like the webbing my girlfriend has!)
Why oh why would I want to serve my local community? I'm from Manchester FFS.
At least when I first went into Pristina in '99 (swing the lamp) I felt we were doing a worthwhile job, wish I could say the same about Iraq! Besides, as MTS points out where could I liberate as much kit in civplod as I can on RMP plunder?
By the way I used to serve in TA RMP with a guy, now an h'officer, who was firearms civvy bill and used to get a monk on when you referred to his constabulary as "civvy" bill! Then again apparently he used to strut into work, and put his foot on the desk, to expose his firearm, and strike up a conversation with the attractive support staff. Now he was a cowboy
NM, I chose to call the Police CIVPOL to come down a peg cause I know you lads sometimes have a bit of bovver wiv the spellin and terms. Im in the horrors about your ex TA colleague. I can assure you where I am anyone acting like that wouldnt be an AFO long. Its all very proffessional. You know years and years ago wen everyone knew there was a rule book for everything but no one ever got it out? Well its all rule books now and Im glad to say some of it is about time. Still swithering about the TELIC papers I got in 3 weeks ago. Any comments?

FRG

Efargee20 said:
Rumrunner said:
tsar_Nikolas said:

Rumrunner, as I always say to probationers, make sure you know the full facts of both sides before you effect any action. This would include challenging people. I would also think that your colleagues wouldnt like to be affiliated to anyone opening up challenges or throwing gauntlets down. It aint worth the paper itrs written on hence empty threat.

All said, I wish you a peaceful and quiet new year.

FRG
Sorry, I really did think that was a reasonable reply to some of the obtuse comments posted? :wink: That said, a very happy New year to you as well.

tsar_Nikolas said:
Shame this thread appears to be going down hill, as I was looking forward to some uphill gardening with minors
Happy new year all, what is your dealings with the RMP then tsar? other than an outfit for your action man very little I reckon.

You had better get some early nights ready for the reception party that will be waiting for you at Sandhurst, suggest you start doing some "stretching " excercises 8O

Northern Monkey another year and your still lickin skips you jumped up nonce , dont you monkeys have your own site where you can eat peanuts out of each others pockets?

to Quote M T S
You’re conforming to the condescending RMP stereotype all by yourselves!
NFTR Harry P

Balls just typed a lengthy reply to MTS and pressed wrong button. Here goes...
I too was on T1 and T2, and (striking appropriate Nuremberg pose) am guilty of none of your points!
Blaming the PARAs for Maysan-No, certainly not those I spoke to. The cock-up was mostly in-house, or at a level far exceeding mine. Seem to remember PARAs had their own problems that day. I lost a mate in Basra. The problem was people too quickly adapting a peace keeping mode, whilst the threat was inadequately assessed. RMP training for Ops was also stepped up a notch after these two incidents.
Search dogs being used by RMP and upsetting the locals. All i have read lays this at the door of the PARAs, but this may be wrong. I never in my time there came across an RMP dog handler, or any RMP dogs. Correct me if I'm wrong, don't other arms employ AES type dogs? I should imagine the no. available to RMP are now quite limited. I look forward to a serving handler correcting me on this.
If you take nothing else on board, take this. The RMP only investigate, then report if the evidence is there to support the allegation. They DO NOT charge.This is done by a body completely removed from the RMP chain of command, who review the evidence and then decide whether to pursue it or not. Some of these decisions may well be politically driven by the same clowns who took you to war in the first place. Focus your anger on them, not some dimwit RMP LCpl who has just about remembered to shave this morning.
Self policing aspect of your diatribe-its enshrined in statute that the army should be. If you want to be investigated by civvy coppers who mostly don't understand the demands of your profession, that day is getting closer. Witness the met involvement in Iraq. Would you rather take your chances in a civvy court, with some of the decisions they make?
As for the Iraqi police. I helped train them, try sleeping with heavily armed blokes who may when the shit hits the fan just turn on you. Don't forget they didn't ask us there in the first place, and were corrupt long before we did get there! As for siding with them? No they took their lead from us whilst I was out there.
Making decisions to placate the press? I won't even dignify that with a response.
I think you need to think about your argument in the context given above, and then see if it actually applies to anyone in RMP, Staffy and below.
FRG, if you managed to wade through the above rivetting read, do those call up papers apply. I seem to remember you've been out far too long. Still, think you should go, it'll do wonders for that Scottish suntan!

Harry_Potter, can I really be bothered..........No

Harry_Potter-wrong I can be bothered.
I always look forward to your erudite and informative posts. I feel you have much to teach me, and will attempt to model my deportment on that of your good self. If only we could attract high calibre individuals such as yourself into my (now-defunct) corps, we would have the highly regarded, highly effective band of crime fighters that we all seek.
Your way with words and powers of self expression-stunning! Your ability to play nicely with people from all walks of life, and across the rank spectrum-just legendary.
If wit were sh1t, you would be unable to stage your own dirty protest.
Now, in the immortal words of Spike Milligan, "Go to the top of the class, and jump off."

Feck Me MTs, I am not RMP and even I think your a cnut...

You are clearly the worst type of stereo-typing ****** around. How can you judge any job/trade/employment by the odd banality. If we took that to its conclusion you would arrive at the decision that we are ALL crap in the British Army; we are not...

I suspect that your "jumped up tom" argument, and maysan bullshit makes you 16 Bde.

Pop off down to the kiddiedrome and tell someone who gives a toss you knobber...

When you are ready for intelligent debate, the world will be ready for Blair/Hoon again (fairly long cycle of evolution that...)

Harry_Webster said:
Northern Monkey said:
Harry_Potter, can I really be bothered..........No
Just about sums up your mob, no wonder your so popular with the blokes
Is it a popularity contest then Harry? Most criminals, if not all, are not popular. Where exactly do you fit into the chain?

Do tell. LOL :lol:

Being new to Arrse I was wondering if there was ever any creative descussion about whether RMP was a worthwhile job. After nine years in the corps I was beginning to wonder myself. I mean we are generally badly lead (WO2 upwards, some of the guys are awesome, some of course are not), we do mess up some investigations, we do suffer from the 18 year old lance jack syndrome and we are not the best trained 'soldiers' in the army.
Then of course you have to look at the rest of the army. They are a blameless, loyal and law abiding lot. I mean they are never caught selling drugs, committing rape, messing with their kids or stealing from their mates. I only list these offences as they are the ones that i reckon most readers would say are totally unnacceptable from serving soldiers or guys they call their mates. Trust me fellas it happens. I've sat in the briefs from the child protection team and some of the stuff that our 'mates' do is fukcing horrendous.
Everyone has there own story of bad RMP, christ Ive done 9 years Ive met a few myself but have a look at your own units before you comment. No one minds the odd bit of banter I'll give it back but i would like to think most people understand that we are there for a reason. Surprising as it may seem checking MFO boxes, directing traffic and listening to how your watch was stolen from your grot afer you left it unlocked and just popped out for a while and the only guys in the block are your mates etc, isnt exactly exciting for us either. On another note though, in my time I've met some absolutely great blokes from other units Para Regt, RM right through to blanket stackers who have been spot on. Mostly because they have been mature and intelligent enough to treat everyone how they would expect to be treated. Also met some right choppers as well but thats life isnt it?