RMP in best kit!

#1
The missus went to Berlin the other day. At Checkpoint Charlie, the stadt have a couple of flunkeys dressed up in Brit, Russian and Yank kit for the tourists to have a gawp at.

Have a look at the clip of the bloke dressed as an RMP! Ex SIB, obviously!!!

 
#2
Are you sure he's not still serving.
 
#3
that has to be one of the best turnouts i have seen from a monkey.
 
#4
He must be from the Drugs Intelligence Team, sporting a beard.
 
#6
Nottyash, how out of date are you exactly? Drugs Intelligence team????? Surely you mean COT as they are now called? Clearly you don't have an up to date Locstat.
By the way, you lot can stick to your man at Q&M suits, ginger, for the use of. I quite like wearing a suit for work, far classier! :lol:
 
#7
Isnt that the last orders at the bar look on Rememberance Sunday/Mates wedding , Funerals etc etc etc
 
#8
When I used to do Charlie it was generally classed as a quiet number where you could relieve your hangover from an Aussie tour the night before.

The image presented is not that different from some of the guys we would drop there actually. If it was the Tiergarten PP NCO, he would be much worse, if in uniform at all.

Bloody perestroika (?) has a lot to answer for! Ruined a good number, especially 246!
 
#9
whosthedaddy said:
Nottyash, how out of date are you exactly? Drugs Intelligence team????? Surely you mean COT as they are now called? Clearly you don't have an up to date Locstat.
By the way, you lot can stick to your man at Q&M suits, ginger, for the use of. I quite like wearing a suit for work, far classier! :lol:
More like CLOT, we all become obsolete and out of date eventually. In fact I quite like being classed as an oldie. It means I don't have to wear ginger suits anymore.
 
#10
looney said:
Call that a sand bag wall?
Well Spotted Loons...

"Headers and Stretchers" and No Seams showing bla bla bla...

Must have been a U.S. Engineer lot who did the honours... 8O

But The Below is kicking the arse out of a sandbag shelter! :roll:


 
#11
At least he is wearing his tie!
 
#12
Gundulph said:
looney said:
Call that a sand bag wall?
Well Spotted Loons...

"Headers and Stretchers" and No Seams showing bla bla bla...

Must have been a U.S. Engineer lot who did the honours... 8O

But The Below is kicking the arse out of a sandbag shelter! :roll:


F-CK ME just made a brew waiting for that poster to load , nice shelter by the way :D
 
#13
boney_m said:
The missus went to Berlin the other day. At Checkpoint Charlie, the stadt have a couple of flunkeys dressed up in Brit, Russian and Yank kit for the tourists to have a gawp at.

Have a look at the clip of the bloke dressed as an RMP! Ex SIB, obviously!!!

That German bastard is taking the piss out of the British, on purpose in my opinion. Obviously Bomber Command did not do a good enough job!.
 
#14
Gundulph said:
looney said:
Call that a sand bag wall?
Well Spotted Loons...

"Headers and Stretchers" and No Seams showing bla bla bla...

Must have been a U.S. Engineer lot who did the honours... 8O

But The Below is kicking the arse out of a sandbag shelter! :roll:


Mr Michelin - hats off...
 
#15
boney_m said:
The missus went to Berlin the other day. At Checkpoint Charlie, the stadt have a couple of flunkeys dressed up in Brit, Russian and Yank kit for the tourists to have a gawp at.

Have a look at the clip of the bloke dressed as an RMP! Ex SIB, obviously!!!

Can't this get put into the walt thread?

Surely this guy is taking the piss or he's 110 :D
 
#16
feckemall said:
When I used to do Charlie it was generally classed as a quiet number where you could relieve your hangover from an Aussie tour the night before.

The image presented is not that different from some of the guys we would drop there actually. If it was the Tiergarten PP NCO, he would be much worse, if in uniform at all.

Bloody perestroika (?) has a lot to answer for! Ruined a good number, especially 246!
I don't recognise that Checkpoint Charlie building, it is not the one that I worked in from 1989 to when it shut in 1990. The phrase 'Aussie tour' is a blast from the past! When were you there Feckemall? I was on the closure parade when the Yanks lifted it out with a crane and I still have a piece from the foundations to go with my (genuine) bit of The Wall.

It was very cushy when you were on nights because you could get your head down at 0100 once the last traveller had come back over. However, days on weekends or bank holidays were no fun, especially during the summer.

The Germans have their display a bit wrong though, they should delete the Russian and insert a French Gendarme - after all they stagged-on in there as well. The only Russians I ever saw at Charlie was when the Soviet Duty Officer arrived in his Lada staff car to sign the DOB.

Berlin.

PS. That is not me BTW!

Edited once
 
#17
I was there in 1984-85 followed by a year at Helmstedt - spoiled rotten as a young un eh? After that it went tragically wrong starting with a tour at Werl . . .
 
#20
By the way, you lot can stick to your man at Q&M suits, ginger, for the use of. I quite like wearing a suit for work, far classier! :lol:
Aha, if you are RMP in civilian dress then you will also love the fact that your suit does not need cleaning or ironing just a gentle buff with some wire wool now & again to restore the shine ;)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top