RMP Hat wanted - coffin :(

Morning all,

I'm a snowdrop working with a few different trades and was asked last night if i could help out.

A colleagues father in law died yesterday - he was RMP for 22 years and so was asked if i could source a RMP hat they could lay on his coffin (apparently he was very proud of his Army background). The hat will be sent back to the owner after the funeral.

Anyone able to help out or advise a good POC?

Ta.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
As an admin of the 15/19H Facebook group, I get requests like this. I point them direct to the Asst Regtal Secretary. On notification of a death, part of their service is to provide cap, flag, etc and some dignity if required.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
As an admin of the 15/19H Facebook group, I get requests like this. I point them direct to the Asst Regtal Secretary. On notification of a death, part of their service is to provide cap, flag, etc and some dignity if required.
In theory the Rifles do this for us but in reality our own Bn assoc has stronger ties with us and helps out others too!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
In theory the Rifles do this for us but in reality our own Bn assoc has stronger ties with us and helps out others too!
Quite. During a set of funding cuts, there was much weeping and wailing when 13/18H Association and 15/19H Association were rolled into one Light Dragoons Association, but it still runs out of Fenham Bks, Newcastle with local staff, Regtal and Asst Regtal Secretaries both ex-15/19H. It walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

ugly

LE
Our lads go to the Bn assoc first, it then pushes stuff upawards if needed but the "unofficial" assoc provides buglers, coffin drapes and wreaths for our own and often provides Buglers for other associations on request. I think they are asked to donate to our Buglers assoc fund and I am sure all of them do. At regimental funerals for former members a collection is always made for the assoc and the Buglers assoc.
The Rifles would be asked if the person in need was a charity case and it was beyond our own voluntary funds.
The Rifles absorbed all of our official association funds when they formed. We felt we should start our own and its run really well.

I spoke with the Regimental Secretary, Col Green, this morning who was very helpful. As the funeral is taking place North of the border, he put me in touch with the local office and said to make my request there with his support, which was very good of him.

So, passed all the details to son-in-law and apparently a RMP hat is on its way to him.

So fantastic outcome, thanks for the help and advice.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Excuse me for hijacking this thread. A friend died week before last, his daughter is trying to source a bugler for his funeral in County Durham next week I think.

Anyone give me a telephone number to call?

Thanks in advance.

I spoke with the Regimental Secretary, Col Green, this morning who was very helpful. As the funeral is taking place North of the border, he put me in touch with the local office and said to make my request there with his support, which was very good of him.

So, passed all the details to son-in-law and apparently a RMP hat is on its way to him.

So fantastic outcome, thanks for the help and advice.
Col Jeremy is a top bloke and very enthusiastic about his Corps. I’m sure he will be in touch for Obituary details for the journal to pay the appropriate respects to old comrades.

Excuse me for hijacking this thread. A friend died week before last, his daughter is trying to source a bugler for his funeral in County Durham next week I think.

Thanks in advance.
@piper89 might know someone.

ugly

LE

Thanks in advance.
There is an LI and Rifles buglers assoc on fb, Durham is home turf for LI should be easy to arrange, pm me

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The power of Arrse amazes me.

37 minutes flash to bang on a Sunday night from posting a request, getting a sensible reply, finding a number, calling it and getting a satisfactory answer.

Dave's daughter is over the moon. Thanks @ugly

Thanks in advance.
Hi Alien
did you get somthing sorted????? yes u did duh lol